• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
They already have. Problem is it takes months to test before being released for general use. It's just the way it's done. The antibodies will probably be included in this coming winter's flu jabs.

I believe they are about to begin phases of testing in the UK.
Are you talking about chloroquine?

Mr Jinx

Are you talking about chloroquine?

IndoMike

Thanks for that.
Let's hope they can make quick progress and confirm they have the answer .
Interesting to read that ahead of the testing they say this vaccine is already in production to save time. They must be confident

Mr Jinx

Thanks for that.
Let's hope they can make quick progress and confirm they have the answer .
Interesting to read that ahead of the testing they say this vaccine is already in production to save time. They must be confident
You can't speed these things up, that's the problem. Full testing takes a lot of time. You don't want another phalidomide on your hands.

IndoMike

You can't speed these things up, that's the problem. Full testing takes a lot of time. You don't want another phalidomide on your hands.
Of course. It's up to the scientists to decide if it is safe to use. The same with chloroquine.

Alistair20000

I'm reminded of the time The Upstart visited an all-night garage and was refused a sandwich as it "had gone out of date". It was a couple of minutes after midnight.
Went to Waitrose Sidmouth one Boxing Day near to closing time looking for any bargains. Love looking for yellow labels and getting one back on supermarkets me.

Loads of food in a trolley near the exit at the back all going out of date that day including stuff that could be frozen. Asked matey if we could buy it. He said no, too late and we cannot now either sell it to you at a discount or even give it away. We wondered if the staff were going to take it home or if it was going to be binned off. Who knows. Would not mind if the staff had it of course.

geoffwp

Yeh, but I'm too old to get pregnant jinxy

Oldsmobile-88

Went to Waitrose Sidmouth one Boxing Day near to closing time looking for any bargains. Love looking for yellow labels and getting one back on supermarkets me.

Asked matey if we could buy it. He said no, too late and we cannot now either sell it to you at a discount or even give it away. We wondered if the staff were going to take it home or if it was going to be binned off. Who knows. Would not mind if the staff had it of course.
I don’t believe the staff would have been able to have it either.

A small supermarket near to me a few years back(not a chain) that I would visit just before closing time at 10pm if i was on a late shift,there would always be a few hot items left over on that date..The till lady let me have them for free even though the policy was to throw the food away(I think she liked me 😎) on the understand that it was just between us.
It was good quality stuff(Pizza,Pasty’s filled rolls,easily a tenners worth usually)
I just put a couple of quid in the charity tin on the way out.

IndoMike

Just back from the supermarket 3 miles away. It's for rich people : I'm the only person who asks how much something is and says "no thanks, it's too expensive" (cos I'm not rich). It's one of the few places you can buy imported goods.
I wore a crash helmet with the visor down. Of course, I got various sarky comments. I did point out that I was not only protecting myself, but protecting others, too. One bloke was a bit too stupid so I said (in Indonesian) : "The last laugh is on.me mate, because the virus can enter through your eyes, too. I'll be here when you're gone".
He was a bit nonplussed. It's just the kind of guy I am 😉.
Onions are 10 quid a kilo. No thanks The price of onions farked up the business I was about to start (believe it or not)
Sugar : gone.
Fresh food : fruit, vegetables, meat - plenty.
Tinned food , pasta etc : struggling, of course.
Roads very quiet.
I might be in jail in a month's time. My document renewal process has been totally screwed up and ground to a halt by the virus. If it's not done by last week of April I have to leave the country and at least fly to Singapore and back the same day (but no flights).
So I could be the first Exewebber to post from jail (although I always wondered about Tavy 😆😆😆)
Take care you all.

IndoMike

Some good news