• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Legohead

Banned
Surely the braniac scientists can find a vaccine quicker? It's a virus similar to others isn't it?

I still can't believe that all this is actually happening.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely the braniac scientists can find a vaccine quicker? It's a virus similar to others isn't it?

I believe they are and I'd thought more scientists are as quick as they can but these things need testing and worked out so the side effects aren't worse than the virus its self. Only thing that worries me is that Trump get's the vaccine first and starts to "Blackmail" us when trying to buy the stuff, Wouldn't put it past him!

Mr Jinx

They already have. Problem is it takes months to test before being released for general use. It's just the way it's done. The antibodies will probably be included in this coming winter's flu jabs.

I believe they are about to begin phases of testing in the UK.

Alistair20000

The photo of the 'wasted' food is months old, and nothing to do with the current situation. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
At any time food wastage is a disgrace.

DB9

At any time food wastage is a disgrace.
And some of the biggest culprits are the Supermarkets themselves.

Alistair20000

And some of the biggest culprits are the Supermarkets themselves.
Is that because of sell by dating ?

DB9

It is i think but a sell by date is not the same as a used by date

Oldsmobile-88

At one time supermarket staff were allowed food that was past its sell by date for a small contribution(5% or there abouts) All stopped when risk assessments & the like came about.
A friend of mine who used to work at Sainsbury’s used to drop a few bits to me(that would have been around the mid 1990s)

Oldsmobile-88

My dear old gran would never waste food.

Anyone who lived through the 1930s & 40s when food was expensive compared to today & of course rationing during WW2 would understand that.

DB9

My dear old gran would never waste food.

Anyone who lived through the 1930s & 40s when food was expensive compared to today & of course rationing during WW2 would understand that.
Just like everyone of that generation, If mine was still alive she could shop even after panic buying we've had recently and still bring stuff home to make meals and there would be nothing going to waste, One thing also, My Gran and parents always said "If i cook you something and dish it up, You eat the lot" and we did, No time for fussy eaters.