• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
In a script straight out of West Wing, Trump is considering militarising the border with Canada :)

🤪
Canada? That evil nation well known for its state sponsored terrorism? :unsure: :rolleyes:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope when this is behind us people for a while at least holiday in the UK, Yes we all know the weather can be difficult but I like to see people invest in the UK economy by spending their money (When they have some spare) into Hotels, B&B's, Holiday Parks etc....
Have done so for many years. Love staying at my daughters house in Dorset or staying in Dawlish Warren with it's easy rail access to Exeter.

I suppose having not lived in Exeter/Devon for many years you appreciate it all the more although I find it irritating that the council install parking meters just about everywhere. I believe parking costs have gone up again in the last month.

DB9

Have done so for many years. Love staying at my daughters house in Dorset or staying in Dawlish Warren with it's easy rail access to Exeter.

I suppose having not lived in Exeter/Devon for many years you appreciate it all the more although I find it irritating that the council install parking meters just about everywhere. I believe parking costs have gone up again in the last month.
You never appreciate a place until you move away

Oldsmobile-88

My mum ran a B & B & chalet at Dawlish Warren for 25 years(1977-2002)until ill health forced her to stop...Met loads of people from all over the country(& world) whilst she ran that business,many became friends to her & visited every year.

Legohead

Banned
You never appreciate a place until you move away
Unless that place was Doncaster...…….

Oldsmobile-88

I have restricted my News update to just once a day for 20 or so mins..If you are not careful you are watching a never ending loop of bad news plus ‘experts’ who appear to know as much as the average fb poster..Feel a lot more content & happy by doing that.
We are all concerned for family & friends at this time.
The never ending drip of gloom is driving us all ‘round the twist’ as my mum would say.

I don’t ever think I have felt this cooped up in my life,except for a daily 20 min walk from my front door avoiding all & sundry.
My other half works at the hospital so I am staying at my own abode.
Something to look forward to next Tuesday,I get to take my car out to pick up Dawns mum for her critical weekly Dr’s appointment 😁😁.Small mercy’s 😎😎

Oldsmobile-88

Glad to see Steve McQueen is being sensible with the amount of shopping he gets.
A00F23D6-EEB6-4E62-BFA0-7EEC199E9348.jpeg

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless that place was Doncaster...…….
Or Halifax - not that I ever lived there :poop::poop::poop:

STURTZ

Tell you one thing about this pandemic, pub's shut and no football, I'm saving a fortune!

Business is collapsing though!:unsure:

Legohead

Banned
Or Halifax - not that I ever lived there :poop::poop::poop:

Halifax isn't that bad. Had a girlfriend from Hipperholme years back which is a few miles east of the town centre. Doncaster on the other hand.....:cry: