• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Locked down

Rosencrantz

Locked down
Had to. Too many people not taking this seriously enough.

Spoonz Red E

For those who may still think that this is more or less the flu and don't get what all the fuss is about.
The need for a lock down is due to the infection rate (the number of people likely to have the virus passed on to them by someone infected)
Flu infection rate = 1.3 COVID-19=3.0

This is the maths for disease growth if infection is totally unchecked.

After 5 levels of infection
Flu = 4 cases COVID-19 = 243 cases

After 10 levels of infection
Flu = 14 cases COVID-19 = 59,049 cases

Then also factor in that the fact that the COVID-19 mortality rate is 10 times that of flu.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
For those who may still think that this is more or less the flu and don't get what all the fuss is about.
The need for a lock down is due to the infection rate (the number of people likely to have the virus passed on to them by someone infected)
Flu infection rate = 1.3 COVID-19=3.0

This is the maths for disease growth if infection is totally unchecked.

After 5 levels of infection
Flu = 4 cases COVID-19 = 243 cases

After 10 levels of infection
Flu = 14 cases COVID-19 = 59,049 cases

Then also factor in that the fact that the COVID-19 mortality rate is 10 times that of flu.

Wrong Spoons. Thats the infections only on the 10th level. It's 88k if you count the previous 9 as well.

Spoonz Red E

Wrong Spoons. Thats the infections only on the 10th level. It's 88k if you count the previous 9 as well.
Fair enough Spanky.

My phrase 'disease growth' was intended to imply the growth in a direct line from the first infected person.
I would have been better to have put it as a 'ratio'.
But you're right - the cumulative numbers are even higher.

The 80% national infection rate that was talked about a couple of weeks ago wouldn't take very long at all.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
So it can be slowed but how can it be stopped? :unsure:

geoffwp

What I'm going to miss most is taking my grandson up to the woods where we started building a den but have yet to finish it. I suddenly miss his constant questions and the Why? that comes after every answer.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Had a customer asking if I could go fix one of his sales vehicles today , I said unless its essential then no I wont be able to fix it !
Another Covidiot who seems to think he is going to be selling vehicles during this period.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Record levels of food waste in Devon this month. Great job.

i8cornwall

Had a customer asking if I could go fix one of his sales vehicles today , I said unless its essential then no I wont be able to fix it !
Another Covidiot who seems to think he is going to be selling vehicles during this period.
I’m a delivery driver of parts for vehicles, been told by the boss we are essential so have to be in work or take it as unpaid leave/use holiday.

Utter joke to be honest.