• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Typical E&E

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This case of a sex pervert has actually nothing to do with Exeter City FC, but that hasn't stopped them putting ECFC in the headline. What a terrible way to behave.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/exeter-city-trained-football-coach-dragged-teen-girl-into-his-car-for-sex-attack/story-29960684-detail/story.html

Bittners a Legend

Could I suggest you neither click nor post the link but raise your objection to the editor or to the Club if you are appalled. If it is no more than click bait then don't feed it. The standard of journalism at the Echo is sadly now nearly non-existent and all that matters online is getting people clicking - not the quality or relevance of the content.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Just sent them a message. Even if you don't click on the link, it clearly states ECFC in the title.

Told them that it wasn't helpful to the club when we're trying to build links in the community, especially as this incident was not anything to do with the club. It paints us in an extremely bad light.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just sent them a message. Even if you don't click on the link, it clearly states ECFC in the title.

Told them that it wasn't helpful to the club when we're trying to build links in the community, especially as this incident was not anything to do with the club. It paints us in an extremely bad light.
Not sure it does Sums, you would have to be fairly paranoid to see it as anything directly to do with ECFC. I might be more annoyed if I was Jamie Vittles though.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
That's because they've recently edited the article Malcs as per my message. :)

Andy Holloway

If Exeweb is to be believed, then how come Julian Tagg didn't have this article censored, after all everything printed in the E&E, so we're led to believe, has to be run across his desk for approval!!!

Ah well, he might have been away of a scouting mission, test driving another luxury vehicle to add to his impressive collection or in a meeting with his stockbroker about how to invest this month's £2m pay packet!!!

Heaven forbid that the E&E should have the gall to print an article, derisory to ECFC without his approval!!!

If Exeweb is to be believed, then how come Julian Tagg didn't have this article censored, after all everything printed in the E&E, so we're led to believe, has to be run across his desk for approval!!!

Ah well, he might have been away of a scouting mission, test driving another luxury vehicle to add to his impressive collection or in a meeting with his stockbroker about how to invest this month's £2m pay packet!!!

Heaven forbid that the E&E should have the gall to print an article, derisory to ECFC without his approval!!!
What a strange bitter and paranoid post. Relax.

PeteUSA

Not sure it does Sums, you would have to be fairly paranoid to see it as anything directly to do with ECFC. I might be more annoyed if I was Jamie Vittles though.
I agree that theres not a lot to complain about from an Exeter City standpoint right now - I didnt see any previous unedited version.

Assuming the headline didnt originally read: 'Former Exeter City etc...' theres not much wrong with it. This thread will unfortunately make more people gravitate towards it - it did me!

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Could I suggest you neither click nor post the link but raise your objection to the editor or to the Club if you are appalled. If it is no more than click bait then don't feed it. The standard of journalism at the Echo is sadly now nearly non-existent and all that matters online is getting people clicking - not the quality or relevance of the content.
The trouble with that notion is you don't know what the story is to object to it. Once you've read it then you see it's poor journalism and requires a letter of objection but until you do, how can you comment?

PeteUSA

The trouble with that notion is you don't know what the story is to object to it. Once you've read it then you see it's poor journalism and requires a letter of objection but until you do, how can you comment?
Quite so Ian, but the still very little to get anyone (like Andy) jumping up and down.

Last edited: