• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry my last should have been put on the film thread.

Oldsmobile-88

Trying to deliver the piano and the hassle it caused them was brilliant, Made in 1932 it was just wonderful and these two are a very rare breed of silent actors who made the transfer to talkies a success. A total classic Olds and like you not seen it in ages, Thanks for the heads up
I loved Billy Gilbert as Professor Theodore von Schwarzenhoffen, M.D., A.D., D.D.S., F.L.D., F-F-F-and-F. He played many other roles in Laurel & Hardy films with his great exaggerated facial expressions which would have been honed in the silent era..

DB9

I loved Billy Gilbert as Professor Theodore von Schwarzenhoffen, M.D., A.D., D.D.S., F.L.D., F-F-F-and-F. He played many other roles in Laurel & Hardy films with his great exaggerated facial expressions which would have been honed in the silent era..
Indeed, Hal Roach studios had probably a handful of actors that appeared in many films, They use to churn out flims by the week. I know people don't like old b/w films but people like Laurel & Hardy are a must to watch

Oldsmobile-88

I binge watched Gentleman Jack starring the excellent Suranne Jones..I am usually not that interested in period drama from the 1800s,but this one I found quite compelling.
Set in 1832 around Halifax,The principle character(Jones) is a hard nosed businesswoman & land owner who creates a bit of a scandal by falling in love with someone of the same sex.

Oldsmobile-88

I recorded The Radical Story of Patty Hearst a few months back on PBS America(Sky 174) & have just got around to watching all of the(6x 1hour episodes)
A excellent documentary & one to lookout for when it’s rerun again.
I remembered bits of the story the kidnapping,subsequent joining the SLA & the bank raid she was involved in,but not the rest of her tale.

Oldsmobile-88

Can you beat the Bookies,on BBC 1 last night.Was eye opening & worth a watch on the iplayer.

The tennis scam was genius.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, Hal Roach studios had probably a handful of actors that appeared in many films, They use to churn out flims by the week. I know people don't like old b/w films but people like Laurel & Hardy are a must to watch
Last week up in the Lakes we went to the Laurel & Hardy Museum in Ulverston, where they have a little cinema showing their films on rotation. We watched one where they're chimney sweeps at a scientist's house - good slapstick fun.

Oldsmobile-88

Last week up in the Lakes we went to the Laurel & Hardy Museum in Ulverston, where they have a little cinema showing their films on rotation. We watched one where they're chimney sweeps at a scientist's house - good slapstick fun.
Staying over after the Carlisle game in September & am planning to visit the museum in Ulverston on the way back.

Oldsmobile-88

New Peaky Blinders series starts on Sunday 25th August.
Previous 4 series are available on the iplayer at the moment.

Colesman Ballz

New Peaky Blinders series starts on Sunday 25th August.
Previous 4 series are available on the iplayer at the moment.
At last, the Beeb have been teasing us since the end of last year over this ! Barstewards !