• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Stelios

Although it's predictably hyperbolic (and understandably UScentric) I am enjoying the current rash of documentaries on the Apollo 11 moon landing.

I was only a teenager at the time but re-watching those events is still pretty humbling - and perhaps a reminder of the hopes and possibilities that were later jettisoned over the subsequent half century.:(
8 Days to the Moon and back on the iplayer is brilliant. It uses the original audio recordings of the mission with actors mouthing their words. Works brilliantly. Very immersive and you really feel part of it. Like you say, very humbling.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Catch 22, Seen the film ages ago so giving the series a crack, So far not bad, Have put it on series link. Only thing is the sound, I keep having to adjust the volume as it keeps going very quiet
I think they have done a decent job with the series as it is a great novel but not one that seemed easy to adapt to screen coherently.

arthur

The excellent Kind of Loving on talking pictures tonight...

Oldsmobile-88

The Fort on BBC Scotland(available on the iplayer broadcasted on 30/07)
The trials & tribulations of Fort William FC who play in the Highland League.
They finished last season on -7 points !

DB9

The Fort on BBC Scotland(available on the iplayer broadcasted on 30/07)
The trials & tribulations of Fort William FC who play in the Highland League.
They finished last season on -7 points !
Think they actually won a game last night

Oldsmobile-88

Think they actually won a game last night
Yes,won 5-2 against Nairn.

I have been to Fort William many times but have yet to see a game at Claggan Park.

The TV programme has generated lots of interest & FWFC gained a extra 7,000 twitter followers in 24 hours.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes,won 5-2 against Nairn.

I have been to Fort William many times but have yet to see a game at Claggan Park.

The TV programme has generated lots of interest & FWFC gained a extra 7,000 twitter followers in 24 hours.
When I was there last year, the taxi driver took me to the Fort William Shinty Club instead!

Oldsmobile-88

The wonderful Laurel & Hardy film The Music Box(1932) is on TPTV at 0745 tomorrow(Saturday)

I have not seen it in decades & have set the recorder.

DB9

The wonderful Laurel & Hardy film The Music Box(1932) is on TPTV at 0745 tomorrow(Saturday)

I have not seen it in decades & have set the recorder.
As per usual on a weekend my body clock doesn't realise i don't have to work and woke up early so took your advice and settled down to watch this classic and was not disappointed, Trying to deliver the piano and the hassle it caused them was brilliant, Made in 1932 it was just wonderful and these two are a very rare breed of silent actors who made the transfer to talkies a success. A total classic Olds and like you not seen it in ages, Thanks for the heads up

Banksy

Two of my grandchildren have been visiting from Devon for a couple of days , so we all sat down after a day out together to watch The Princess Bride on Netflix. Great film for all ages , easy going and nice theme music , always gets a ten from me.