• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of great old films & TV archive on Talking Pictures(Sky 328 Virgin 445 Freeview 81)
Always worth a check to see what's on this channel. Another one I've been looking at is True Entertainment on Freeview 61 (M*A*S*H, Randall and Hopkirk). Not any more, though, it seems - they've switched to Ch 48, and after a retune neither channel is there. :(

Stelios

Berlin station or Condor if you can get them. Both spy series.
Thanks.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Catch 22, Seen the film ages ago so giving the series a crack, So far not bad, Have put it on series link. Only thing is the sound, I keep having to adjust the volume as it keeps going very quiet

Oldsmobile-88

The Sand Pebbles(1966) A great Steve McQueen film is on TPTV at 1135 tonight(Sat 6th) it’s in two parts(0115 for 2nd part) if you want to record..328 Sky : 445 Virgin : Freeview 81.

Banksy

Second series of Knightfall starting next Tuesday at 9 pm on the History channel. Knights Templar v the king of France.
Think the king won that one 1-0 .
If it’s as good as the first series something to look forward to.Plenty of action and intrigue.
Excellent , plenty of blood and guts and good storyline for and keeps up the pace from Series 1.

Banksy

Second series of Knightfall starting next Tuesday at 9 pm on the History channel. Knights Templar v the king of France.
Think the king won that one 1-0 .
If it’s as good as the first series something to look forward to.Plenty of action and intrigue.
Excellent , plenty of blood and guts and good storyline and keeps up the pace from Series 1.

Banksy

Get Some In (1975-77) a good comedy(for its time) based on RAF National Service starring Tony Selby & Robert Lindsey is starting a run on TPTV on July 1st...To my knowledge this is its first reshowing.
Started recording this and have now watched a few episodes.Good lighthearted stuff , easy to watch and you can get through an episode in 25 minutes cutting out the ads.

Oldsmobile-88

Traitors on More 4,downloaded..6 part drama set in 1945.Possible Soviet mole in the Atlee government.A rogue American intelligence agent plants a former trained British Secret Service agent to find them...Binge watched 3 episodes & will watch the rest tomorrow.Very good so far

Last edited:

ecfc70

Been watching a few things that have been ok
Gentleman Jack - Slightly bizarre in the way its filmed where Surranne Jones talks to the camera but quite entertaining.
Year of the Rabbit - Quirky comedy following the exploits of a Victorian police detective.
Deadwood - Slowly making my way through this epic show, cant believe I didn't catch it first time around.
Years and years - Follows a family and country through the next 10 years of the writers imagination, some of the predictions of the tech could easily become reality like the hand phone implants and also theres a few uncanny similarities with todays politicians but at least the car will still be about

Grecian2K

Although it's predictably hyperbolic (and understandably UScentric) I am enjoying the current rash of documentaries on the Apollo 11 moon landing.

I was only a teenager at the time but re-watching those events is still pretty humbling - and perhaps a reminder of the hopes and possibilities that were later jettisoned over the subsequent half century.:(