• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've never really thought about skiffle, so interested to know what it's about.
Sort of a British version of rock and roll, before we discovered real rock and roll.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Billy Bragg second only to Morrisey in the biggest tw@ts in music awards.
Oops, hope Moxers doesn't read that, as I seem to recall him posting on here how he invited him into his camper van at the Beautiful Days festival a couple of years ago ! :S

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Oops, hope Moxers doesn't read that, as I seem to recall him posting on here how he invited him into his camper van at the Beautiful Days festival a couple of years ago ! :S
And hopefully he would be able to hide the evidence / body afterwards.

Grecian2K

Ghosts - probably one of the silliest, nicest and most childishly hilarious new bits of comedy on the telly for ages! (y) 10/10

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Haha - err no. I conclude whole heartedly with Ramone’s post.

Stelios

Line of Duty. BBC1

One of the best British TV series I can remember. Anti-corruption police officers investigating bent coppers. I was late to it and binged the earlier series on the iplayer a while ago (not sure if they're still there). Each series has it's own individual investigation but they all link together. So much so you really need to have watched them all by now to fully appreciate what is going on.

It's by the same writer as the Bodyguard (which I thought was OK but vastly over-hyped).

Best Billy Bragg song:

[video=youtube;Vnzpg5GgQCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzpg5GgQCo[/video]

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone else been watching "Callan" on Talking Pictures? Bleak, gritty 70s stuff. Edward Woodward was superb in the title role - a Government killer who hadn't lost his humanity. Like me, in a way - physically very hard but a decent sort of bloke beneath it all. I don't have much luck with women, either!

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Anyone else been watching "Callan" on Talking Pictures? Bleak, gritty 70s stuff. Edward Woodward was superb in the title role - a Government killer who hadn't lost his humanity. Like me, in a way - physically very hard but a decent sort of bloke beneath it all. I don't have much luck with women, either.
He did have the good fortune to get pursued by a naked Britt Eckland (and her "rear end" body double ) in the Wicker Man though ! :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I recall, his luck ran out later on.

Colesman Ballz

The Exeweb PC Brigade seem to be a bit touchy of late at the mere mention of decapitations, and might get all upset again if we mention people being burnt alive ! It was only make believe in a film chaps !