• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
28th March 1997.

Arena on BBC2 at 9.30pm was a very interesting look at the early days of three legendary Scottish managers. Busby, Shankly & Stein.

View attachment 15097
The classic What Ever Happened to the Likely Lads episode.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the best Porridge episodes too.

Rosencrantz

To be fair, every episode of Porridge seems like one of the best episodes of Porridge 😉

Oldsmobile-88

Peter Jeffery(1929-99) Played Mr Wainwright who had temporarily replaced Mr Mackay as Warden in the episode that was first transmitted on 7/11/1975.
A great bit of writing at the end when the lags sing “For he’s a jolly good fellow” when Mackay returns.
Better the devil you know.

934076E2-A949-4410-811F-F665F245B2E4.jpeg

Stelios

To be fair, every episode of Porridge seems like one of the best episodes of Porridge 😉
Brilliant writing and brilliant acting. Perfect sitcom

I love Rising Damp too. When I was young it seemed funny but 'out of date' because of the clothes etc but as an adult I found it strangely prescient *cough* Brexit *cough*. Many of Rigsby's views still on display in the the Politcs thread :ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

I love Rising Damp too. When I was young it seemed funny but 'out of date' because of the clothes etc but as an adult I found it strangely prescient *cough* Brexit *cough*. Many of Rigsby's views still on display in the the Politcs thread :ROFLMAO:
Thank you Miss Jones. Your contribution is much appreciated. :)

Rosencrantz

Both Porridge and Rising Damp were before my time and I only really saw the repeats for the first time in the 80's as a kid. I remember being pretty upset when I found out Richard Beckinsale had already been dead for a few years.

Bridgy 81

Frances de la Tour (i.e. Miss Jones) is also very good in the current ITV drama Professor T.