• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sincere thank you for engaging with us fans these past couple of weeks, and hope all candidates get on the Trust Board this year or next you have provided interesting answers to questions to a very high standard.
This is the ninth time that you have repeated this post on this forum, and the other eight were a total waste of exeweb readers time. I for one also wish that you had asked general questions to all candidates just here on this thread too.

I had intended to vote for Richard Knight until you acted like his personal election agent and went and plastered his flyer on every other candidate's page. So perhaps I should thank you for making my choice a little easier !

YasWestern

Thanks for the reply. Oh well, never mind. I would have voted for Yas as keen on her comments on here and enthusiasm for doing more to tap into the younger and student markets through good practical ideas. The Trust subs are pretty small per annum overall, and her suggestions could be helped along pretty easily within available resources in my view
Thank you! This is very much appreciated :)

Spoonz Red E

This is the ninth time that you have repeated this post on this forum, and the other eight were a total waste of exeweb readers time. I for one also wish that you had asked general questions to all candidates just here on this thread too.

I had intended to vote for Richard Knight until you acted like his personal election agent and went and plastered his flyer on every other candidate's page. So perhaps I should thank you for making my choice a little easier !
To be fair, it's the format of having an individual thread for each candidate that's the cause and not HUFC1885 asking questions of each.
If you want to compare answers from all candidates to a particular question then HUFC1885's method is valid.
I've found it relatively easy to recognise any questions that I've seen already on the other threads and have just jumped to the diffent answers.

Maybe next year it would be better for a 'Questions for Candidates' sub forum and a thread for each question with all candidates having an option to answer on the thread.
Of course, if the Trust improves its own website the forum could be on that and Exeweb could offer links and comment as it does with Club, CCT and Ladies Football at the moment.

Having said that, thanks to the candidates, Exeweb and questioners and quibblers such as HUFC1885, yourself and others.
It has helped me make my choice.

YasWestern

Just want to hop on here and say a massive thank you to everyone for all their questions. I believe the majority of the questions over on my thread have been answered by those we were asked to fill out on the trust website. I think the ideas you have all put forward about the election have been very interesting and something that I would definitely take forward if I were elected.

Thanks once again and I'll hopefully see some of you at the AGM!

IndoMike

Good luck to you. Hope you get elected based on your replies and friendly, patient attitude.

IndoMike

To be fair, it's the format of having an individual thread for each candidate that's the cause and not HUFC1885 asking questions of each.
If you want to compare answers from all candidates to a particular question then HUFC1885's method is valid.
I've found it relatively easy to recognise any questions that I've seen already on the other threads and have just jumped to the diffent answers.

Maybe next year it would be better for a 'Questions for Candidates' sub forum and a thread for each question with all candidates having an option to answer on the thread.
Of course, if the Trust improves its own website the forum could be on that and Exeweb could offer links and comment as it does with Club, CCT and Ladies Football at the moment.

Having said that, thanks to the candidates, Exeweb and questioners and quibblers such as HUFC1885, yourself and others.
It has helped me make my choice.

I agree with you that it would be a good idea that there should be a thread for each question, rather than a thread for each candidate. But that too has its problems : in the end we'd still have all the candidates
and all the follow-up questions on the same thread. Also, if each candidate has a thread it's easier in my opinion to see if they are consistent and indeed to ask those follow-up questions.
I don't see any problem with HUFC posting the same question on every candidate thread although I do think.he made a mistake when posting the pamphlet of one specific candidate on all the other candidates' threads.
To conclude, both systems have their pros and cons of course but I think your suggestion could be used next time to see if it's better

PeteUSA

What a totally stupid post. First off you seem to want to represent other "exeweb readers" in their judgement of HUFC1885's approach, and his general questioning approach. Its an open forum where he was free to post whatever he wanted FFS. Just because it doesnt suit you.

The second paragraph takes the biscuit though, childish in the extreme; Implying that anything he said or did was likely to alter Richard Knights prospects in the election; I hope HUFC1885 doesnt feel bad, because any right minded person wouldn't let an abundance of fliers on here affect what a candidate had said in his/her manifesto. I know our HUFC chums fliers and posts went on somewhat, but you had to pick your way through it if you didnt like it. Theres bugger all he can do about it now.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Did you master the Trust membership application forms in time to vote Pate ?

YasWestern

Good luck to you. Hope you get elected based on your replies and friendly, patient attitude.
Thank you very much! It is really appreciated

AL_Yates

Can I just echo Yaz's comments on the Trust election. Thanks for the questions and good luck to all candidates. From a candidate perspective on the whole questions have been very positive in nature and the election has been inclusive. We have certainly increased brand awareness of the Trust. with c3,400 members and a commitment of c.£150k to the Trust this year and an ongoing commitment of well over £2M the Trust has been a success. The ethos of honesty and transparency is close to my heart, as is one man one vote. Get involved next year and encourage people to join the Trust. another 500 members would allow us to substantially increase the investment in the club.

Election is almost over, youth football AM watching my son and Exeter FACUP away PM in Cambridge! Offline from tonight.

UTC

Al