• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiverton Town friendly

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talking of our newly recruited giants, what did Lewis Ward look like?

Jammers20

Talking of our newly recruited giants, what did Lewis Ward look like?
Didn't have much to do shot stopping wise to be honest, confident with the ball at his feet being passed back. kicks the ball miles from a goal kick (more from watching the warm up rather than in game), came for a couple crosses rising over 2 or 3 players in his way to catch one and punch another commanded the area well and shouted alot seemed to have the defence in order.

Looks very solid to me, haven't seen Maxted but I would guess that Ward would get the #1 jersey

IndoMike

Didn't have much to do shot stopping wise to be honest, confident with the ball at his feet being passed back. kicks the ball miles from a goal kick (more from watching the warm up rather than in game), came for a couple crosses rising over 2 or 3 players in his way to catch one and punch another commanded the area well and shouted alot seemed to have the defence in order.

Looks very solid to me, haven't seen Maxted but I would guess that Ward would get the #1 jersey
The main thing is that both are good keepers. Maxted (aka Masters) I think is no slouch if he often played for Accrington in Div 1. I think this season our goalkeeping situation has improved.

Jammers20

The main thing is that both are good keepers. Maxted (aka Masters) I think is no slouch if he often played for Accrington in Div 1. I think this season our goalkeeping situation has improved.
Totally agree having only seen Maxted or (Masters) ;) in the warm up last night he also looked decent. Also a big guy just not the 6ft 5in frame of Ward. I don't think it will be weakening the team if either one plays to be honest.

IndoMike

Totally agree having only seen Maxted or (Masters) ;) in the warm up last night he also looked decent. Also a big guy just not the 6ft 5in frame of Ward. I don't think it will be weakening the team if either one plays to be honest.
Early days, but it's looking good.

IndoMike

My understanding is that the Club expect him to leave when he is 16 as there is loads of interest in him from clubs in the Champions league. Might be another Ethan situation possibly.
I think so. I guess we'd get even less for this lad, considering he's unlikely to play for the first team and he's not being promoted as much as Ethan was. Good for him. though.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who plays in the games v, Swansea and Torquay will be a better guide, but for what it's worth I thought it was a reasonably engaging evening, fairly typical of PSFs against teams of this standard. Williams and Tillson the standouts, the former made the goal and the latter passed well and seems to have regained some confidence. Seymour looked sharp but was isolated against their big defenders. Noah Smerdon looked good going forward in the quarter he played, got caught out of position once or twice but that's the modern attacking FB for you. He had a good shot which whistled wide. Half a season out on loan and he may kick on, I imagine he'll be allowed to play midweek U18 and U23 games for us too, The younger players all look tidy, no-one disgraced themself, and it'll be interesting which if any make it through.

Most of the big names absent.

ianaplincorners

I think so. I guess we'd get even less for this lad, considering he's unlikely to play for the first team and he's not being promoted as much as Ethan was. Good for him. though.
Same with Jay Stansfield I guess

Swanaldo

(Ward) came for a couple crosses rising over 2 or 3 players in his way to catch one and punch another.
Nice to see a decisive keeper! Bleddy big fella too.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same with Jay Stansfield I guess
Has he definitely gone, no news from the club and like when Ethan went you would have thought there may have been some press/media reaction plus talk of the tribunal etc.