• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
MK dons should still make the play offs, anything other than that is a shambolic performance given their squad / budget.

Personally I wonder if Carlisle will fall off however there is normally a team that makes a late surge, could be Swindon, Grimsby, Oldham or Newport.

Grimsby would be my dark horse, they have a Jolley good young manager imho who is assembling a decent squad.
Grimsby for me too and as frustrating as we all know Tisdale can be, as much as it irks me to say it, I would certainly not write off their chance of making the last automatic place.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jaxxy win for Tisdale last night against a team with the gleam of the FA Cup in their eyes (both halves) and who rested or withdrew early their key players.

Doubt Carlisle will be so obliging

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Must be a 5 hour round trip?
That’s madness
At least 5 hours and probably more not much motorway and not easiest of drives after leaving Swindon fairly basic A roads which can also get very congested with limited passing opportunities.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dunno, I drive MK across to Swindon weekly and it's only about an hour and a half. There's load of overtaking opportunities and dual carriageway sections along the A420 then the A34.
The worst bit is getting around Bicester, although he can pop into Bicester village to buy a lovely cravat.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If anybody has caught Tiswas's post match press chat after Newport, surprisingly no mention of the pitch, Newport played well, and MK may have been lucky but he'll take that any day, bit of a contrast from his press conference at SJP to the MK press.

P.S he also looked somewhat relieved.

100milesaway

At least 5 hours and probably more not much motorway and not easiest of drives after leaving Swindon fairly basic A roads which can also get very congested with limited passing opportunities.
Strange decision to want to work 15 hour days, surely that takes a toll.
Not for me to say though really!
I wonder if MK pay the petrol!

100milesaway

I dunno, I drive MK across to Swindon weekly and it's only about an hour and a half. There's load of overtaking opportunities and dual carriageway sections along the A420 then the A34.
The worst bit is getting around Bicester, although he can pop into Bicester village to buy a lovely cravat.
I used to commute 90 min a day (each way) for a year. All motorway. Used to wear me out (and my car!)
Like the idea of popping in and getting a cravat on the way. I wonder if he wears one at training these days. I loved all that nonsense...for a while.,Then the whole match day thing seemed to be about our managers choice of hat.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got to be said, great result for Tisdale at Carlisle.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
No it hasn't.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A reminder of how quickly things can change. Bury celebrated like they'd won promotion by beating us but they are long way from certainties for the to three yet.