• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going back to Matt Taylor's first interview after being appointed as manager he said one of the things he wanted to improve was the fitness of his players; that certainly seemed like a key point of difference last Saturday.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, we looked a very very fit side on Saturday, the likes of Taylor, Law, Martin and Forte had run miles yet they didn't seem to lose any intensity during the game, it was great to see.

A bit different to seeing the likes of Oakley and Noble amble around the centre spot.

I can't see Matt Taylor tolerating players in the shape Clinton Morrison was when he was with us, it was embarrassing.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also think we maybe starting to see the influence of the strength and conditioning coach as Matt Taylor seems to take a very scientific approach to working out exactly how much football the older players should play.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see Tisdale knows his place, saluting in the presence of the King.
It's the Nelson touch: I see no ships, only hardships.

100milesaway

First time I’ve made it to SJP since the new stand opened. I don’t want to start a whole new thread so will tag my question on here:

It looks great but why doesn’t it extend the whole length of the pitch? Was that due to finances?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
First time I’ve made it to SJP since the new stand opened. I don’t want to start a whole new thread so will tag my question on here:

It looks great but why doesn’t it extend the whole length of the pitch? Was that due to finances?
Really? You’ve been on here long enough and often enough to know surely? It’s not like it hasn’t been discussed to death pretty much ever since the original design was first made public.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I also think we maybe starting to see the influence of the strength and conditioning coach as Matt Taylor seems to take a very scientific approach to working out exactly how much football the older players should play.
Possibly. But also MKD had three games in a week and we had a clear 7 days between games. And this was a mahoosive game for ECFC ( as shown by the attendance) but a routine one for most of MKD’s players.

I think we need a pattern of powerful performances before saying that a benefit that MT said would take 18 months to be visible has arrived 12 months earlier.

Stelios

There are 323 pages worth of answers to that question here

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possibly. But also MKD had three games in a week and we had a clear 7 days between games. And this was a mahoosive game for ECFC ( as shown by the attendance) but a routine one for most of MKD’s players.

I think we need a pattern of powerful performances before saying that a benefit that MT said would take 18 months to be visible has arrived 12 months earlier.
I am sure that PT did not see it as a routine game and made his views very clearly to his team. Apart from us being a threat to their own promotion ambitions this was a match he would have very much wanted to win and judging from the way they started the second half I would say that he probably made that abundantly clear to them again during his halftime talk.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I should think it will not be long now before this thread gets pensioned off. Tisdale is history and now nothing more than just the manager of another team.

Matt is the manager of ECFC and very much his own man so I cannot really see any relevance in comparing him to Tisdale any longer.

In fact in my view the sooner we consign Tisdale to the equivalent of a PC trash box and concentrate on Matt Taylor, his team and ECFC as it is today, the better. UTC.