• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lest we forget:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26545277

22nd in League 2 in March was entirely unacceptable.

Yes, he turned it around eventually, however perhaps more because of the Grimeo millions than anything else
Uncomfortable reminder. Only Woodman and Hamon from the 18 that day still at City.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale was embroiled into Exeter city, no manager staying at a single club for 11 years could fail to, the turbulent times enjoyed/endured only adds to the emotions all parties felt for the man. After such an un naturally long period cracks in approach/personality were bound to become apparent. Concerns at fan level became concerns at board level and Tisdale decided it was time to go, probably the best for everyone, no disrespect here. It was a good period for City, all those Wembley visits and promotions were ace.

Think he'll do well wherever he goes.
Absolutely sturtz. Worth quoting again in full as it sums it up for me.

iscalad

Really? Please tell us more
Tisdale out petition for one

DB9

Tisdale out petition for one
Where was that?

Ashford Grecian

Really? Please tell us more
Countless dull and repetitive Tisdale out topic threads...

100milesaway

Mate, that's a huge contradiction to say he was ousted and then say he didn't have to leave. He said he was offered a better contract by City but rejected it, which he was entitled to do. I think he left because he realized his days of untouchability were over, because he (presumably) got a much better offer from MKD, and because Dons could give a better playing budget (also presumably).
A fair point
I suppose I believe he would have stayed forever if he’d never had his rolling contract ended but I do understand why this had to happen
He needed to be accountable for results but it’s hard to deny that we had 2 really good seasons just before he left.
Im just wondering what people would prefer now in terms of management
I agree with the thoughts it’s a fairly pointless question but then again, it’s just a site to discuss things !

100milesaway

The problem with so many of these discussions is that they make it seem like everyone has to be in either Team Tisdale or Team Taylor, which most people probably aren't. My tuppence:

1. Tisdale was a successful ECFC manager, for long periods. History should never be rewritten.
2. For another long period he wasn't successful.
3. He antagonised a lot of fans for reasons that had nothing to do with league position (and IMO don't matter much, but to each his own).
4. It was probably better for all parties that he left, and it was still handled a lot better than the usual "Half time safe, Full time sacked" for manager departures. Does anyone wish we were Notts County?
5. He will probably succeed at MK, and I couldn't care much either way.

But the main point now is ...

6. Matt Taylor deserves a full two years before even talking about any change. Time to learn, time to buy and sell. Good luck to him.
And this is all I’m really asking
Thanks

100milesaway

Great summary. Thread closed. Time to move on.
It was a great summary
But no need to close the thread surely, we are just starting to get some good comments after the initial ‘abuse’ !!!

DB9

Countless dull and repetitive Tisdale out topic threads...
That's not a petition, That's just people venting their frustration on an open forum, I never saw an organized petition anywhere

iscalad

That's not a petition, That's just people venting their frustration on an open forum, I never saw an organized petition anywhere
Really. I know some people who signed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.change.org/p/exeter-city-club-board-remove-paul-tisdale-as-manager-of-ecfc

Last edited: