• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale to MK Dons

Jeez let's just cut to the point shall we. To summarise:

1. Tisdale will probably get MK promoted this season.
2. He will however do it in the most boring negative fashion imaginable whilst sucking all life out of the supporters.
3. Meanwhile we enjoy a fresh exciting rewarding season under MT which ends in winning the title in May and playing some of the best football seen at the Park in 30 years.

Let's enjoy.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
i don't know why posters are assuming that MK Dons will get promoted this season. Tisdale's promotion record is non-existent after his initial successes, he signed Harley and Simpson : not very scary. They have no dynamic midfield nor deadly striker. They came down from Div 1 cos they're carp. With presumably high salaried players I can't imagine Winklemsn forking out hundreds of thousands of quid for new players, and not sure Tis would want to be responsible for that. I might have to eat my hat later but I doubt they will be in the autos.

jrg333

Pretty hilarious that the fans of a club who've just come down from League One and who claim to have a squad with some 'genuine Championship quality players' are calling in their online forum for Ryan Harley and Robbie Simpson to start league games.

Onwards and upwards for us!

andrew p long

Was also a very low points total that year required for autos! Lowest ever maybe (at a guess)?
High quality carping! We finished second in League Two but ‘ a low points total that year required’ But a points total that 22 other clubs didn’t achieve.

I really hope that if Matt Taylor takes us to automatic promotion in second place that we will be celebrating, not saying that the points tally needed was a bit low this season!

Grecian Max

High quality carping! We finished second in League Two but ‘ a low points total that year required’ But a points total that 22 other clubs didn’t achieve.
Fair, but read between the lines. He regularly doesn't achieve enough points to get into the top 3, the only time he managed autos, the points total was lower. Tisdale's teams aren't consistent enough to win titles, fact. Remind me when was the last time Tisdale achieved promotion?

I really believe it'll be 5th-10th for MK.

Last edited:

Angus

i don't know why posters are assuming that MK Dons will get promoted this season. Tisdale's promotion record is non-existent after his initial successes, he signed Harley and Simpson : not very scary. They have no dynamic midfield nor deadly striker. They came down from Div 1 cos they're carp. With presumably high salaried players I can't imagine Winklemsn forking out hundreds of thousands of quid for new players, and not sure Tis would want to be responsible for that. I might have to eat my hat later but I doubt they will be in the autos.

It pains me to agree with Indo! But I do, so because Paul has gone to a bigger club everyone thinks he’s going to get promoted? Paul is a bottle job who can’t finish the job in hand. He spent ten years with us and achieved very little. He had time to build his own squad with a record breaking transfer record, not once but twice. The man isn’t good enough at this level, so what they’re a big club, a club is only as big as the eleven players on there day that’s selected to play. He’s not very good at selecting players.

Also, he couldn’t handle the pressure of the 3000 Exeter fans giving him grief, imagine when the (on average) 9000 fans start giving him grief! I’d almost feel sorry for him, well I won’t i’d spit my tea out in laughter to be honest

He’s a deluded man

Last edited:

rifraf

All this talk about MK Dons getting promoted.

Yes, I did go to the away game when we lost 1-0 (and gave away not 1 but 2 penalties). The only thing I clearly learned from that game on that dreadful and dreary home performance is that MK Dons MIGHT make the play-offs this season, but if I was a betting man I would not bet on it...…. 8th or 9th maybe looking at other teams taking shape.

Definitely still work in progress for Tis with his current squad, especially up front regarding strikers.

Angus

Let’s all just politely agree the bloke is a tw@ I don’t like him very much and I certainly don’t like being called a banker by him as he walks past me. I hope he fails, and Perryman as well

PeteUSA

Let’s all just politely agree the bloke is a tw@ I don’t like him very much and I certainly don’t like being called a banker by him as he walks past me. I hope he fails, and Perryman as well
Is Perryman gone there with him, I thought he'd retired?

Colesman Ballz

Is Perryman gone there with him, I thought he'd retired?
I am sure that they would both be happy to renew their acquaintance with you on "The Concrete Roundabout" forum.