• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale - post match

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you're happy with being served up sh*t every week that's your choice. I'm not.
Well f*ck off back to Home Park then - and take your "puppets" with you.

I can assure you - YOU WON'T BE MISSED!

flakey pasty

If you're a leader of teams, ranting and criticism is a self-indulgence which you simply can't afford.
Like Tis said after being acosted by that halfwit at Wycombe, shouting and screaming at players might make him feel better for five minutes, but ultimately it does no one any good at all.
You do what you do and you say what you say to improve things - not make them worse.
Booing your own players for example - utterly counter-productive.
It's Tis' job to bring the best out of players (who, with the exception of TAH, cost nothing) - making them feel like sh*t will disolve confidence and make things worse.
The players know full well what a disappointment this season has been for us. A lot of them are just kids. They need encouragement and confidence in order to do better- not humiliation.

Hammer44

That interview (imo) was delivered to the players not the fans. We were not the audience but if Tiz loses the players now it's goodnight Vienna. It was a shocker of a performance with several players way under par and Troy and Tully imitating the U11's in quality. I think it's clear several aren't buying into whatever Tiz is doing.
I think he has lost the players because if you play players in the side who week in week out who are not peforming and you are not getting a chance then you quickly get a devide. Something is wrong in the club somewhere because we are paying good money for coaches who don't seem to be able to get the best out of a squad of players who I feel are good enough for this league. There is a time when a manager must step up to the mark and say something is wrong and we need to change it Tis has not done this and defends players who just shouldn't be in the side he has come to a crossroads and seems lost.

Grecian_Jay

Well f*ck off back to Home Park then - and take your "puppets" with you.

I can assure you - YOU WON'T BE MISSED!
Problem is if we were all naive like you we wouldnt have a club. I imagine you were just as supportive of Russell and Lewis. You were probably saying how great they were.

flakey pasty

Problem is if we were all naive like you we wouldnt have a club. I imagine you were just as supportive of Russell and Lewis. You were probably saying how great they were.
Jay - you are clearly a very angry and depressed person.
Why don't you give footie a break and do something that would cheer you up a bit.
How about joining the Cubs?

Grecian_Jay

Jay - you are clearly a very angry and depressed person.
Why don't you give footie a break and do something that would cheer you up a bit.
How about joining the Cubs?
An amazingly intelligent post, thank you for that.

grecianfaniow

If you're a leader of teams, ranting and criticism is a self-indulgence which you simply can't afford.
Like Tis said after being acosted by that halfwit at Wycombe, shouting and screaming at players might make him feel better for five minutes, but ultimately it does no one any good at all.
You do what you do and you say what you say to improve things - not make them worse.
It's Tis' job to bring the best out of players (who, with the exception of TAH, cost nothing) - making them feel like sh*t will disolve confidence and make things worse.
The players know full well what a disappointment this season has been for us. A lot of them are just kids. They need encouragement and confidence in order to do better- not humiliation.
Great post! Lets get behind the lads FFS! I saw somebody post that 70% of the team are of last seasons, so the potential to do way better is there. Would you put in 100% if you have moaning w*nkers around you all the time? nope youll get disgruntled and lose focus, exactly where we are at now.

Grecian_Jay

Great post! Lets get behind the lads FFS! I saw somebody post that 70% of the team are of last seasons, so the potential to do way better is there. Would you put in 100% if you have moaning w*nkers around you all the time? nope youll get disgruntled and lose focus, exactly where we are at now.
Yes the reason we are sh*t is because a few people have a moan on Exeweb. Stop being so naive.

tom5984

I'm all for encouragement and trying to keep a positive attitude.

However its getting to a point where mediocrity is being praised. We haven't won since tranmere and the softly softly approach cannot be justified all the time. Someone needs to send a few rockets at a few arses. The players are simply not performing and tisdales tactics aren't helping.

You shouldn't encourage shlt.
Otherwise you'll get more of it.

Number13

Why do people get so het up about the post match interview? It isnt what he thinks, it isnt for the team as they wont be listening to Radio Devon. Its a task that the media require. He wont critiscise the players in public and nor should he. I wouldnt want my boss on the Radio if I had c*cked up again. As long as he knows we are crap and in the mire and has a plan to get us out thats fine. As for getting your money back, I am afraid that we must expect to be wasting it at the monent in the vain effort that our support does something for the club coffers or for the players. Having been to Orient, Wycombe and Colchester in the Xmas month I have to say I havent had my £100+ in entertainment or points but am accepting of that because as a City fan, thats life. I got more than my £30 at Wembley the second time and more than my £30 at Old Trafford.