• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out brigade - Mk Edition.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I somewhat disagree, Managers can be loyal, Why did Tisdale not leave when he had championship offers?
I wonder if those offers were really made.
Offers to attend interviews or definite job offers? Tisdale said he had received job offers and there were rumours about it, but is it proven?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
This seems like a dannyred discussion Black is white and I will insist on it being so until such time as you all agree.

I thought MT was approached this season, at least 15 months after being in the job https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49715211 It's amazing how people can distort things to meet their own criteria

tonykellowfan

There are actually very few manager's positions available and there are far more candidates than jobs. There are plenty of ex managers with prem and championship experience who cannot get jobs. Tisdale could easily never work as a manager again, unless he is willing to take a drop down into L2 or the national league and take on a struggling team.

Ian Russon

Tisdale could easily never work as a manager again, unless he is willing to take a drop down into L2 or the national league and take on a struggling team.
I don't think anyone could see him managing higher than league two.

Paul has had two chances at league on football, he's hardly worth investing into if you plan to climb the leagues. He could however walk into any non league club and pretty much any league two clubs.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the early days I could always see him managing at a higher level. This was when he was prepared to take a few risks, properly manage a side, with tactical substitutions which could effect a match. He even did - us in league 1.

Then from what I could see he became too analytical/calculating/cautious trying to chess play a football match before it had even kicked off, planning every move and substitution for the 90+ minutes, paying too much attention to the opposition and what they may do and how he could counter their moves, losing track of the idea that football is meant to be entertaining to attract supporters, hence the hold the fort until the sixtieth minute then attack scenarios we witnessed in his latter years

As it stands he need to reinvent himself and look to the old adventurous Tis that played good attacking football and throw his caution to the wind, then he could be successful, but he won't so Ian you could be right

Redarrow

In the early days I could always see him managing at a higher level. This was when he was prepared to take a few risks, properly manage a side, with tactical substitutions which could effect a match. He even did - us in league 1.

Then from what I could see he became too analytical/calculating/cautious trying to chess play a football match before it had even kicked off, planning every move and substitution for the 90+ minutes, paying too much attention to the opposition and what they may do and how he could counter their moves, losing track of the idea that football is meant to be entertaining to attract supporters, hence the hold the fort until the sixtieth minute then attack scenarios we witnessed in his latter years

As it stands he need to reinvent himself and look to the old adventurous Tis that played good attacking football and throw his caution to the wind, then he could be successful, but he won't so Ian you could be right
You must do very well on football manager 2019 with that breakdown of how to manage a football club!!

tonykellowfan

My Luton supporting mate says that MK sacked Tisdale so that they can appoint Nathan Jones.

DB9

My Luton supporting mate says that MK sacked Tisdale so that they can appoint Nathan Jones.
That didn't work out they appointed Russell Martin who Tisdale brought in in January

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You must do very well on football manager 2019 with that breakdown of how to manage a football club!!
Perhaps that where Tisdale learnt it then

tavyred

Yes mate if you go back over the posts you will see a fair few comments suggesting it, it’s more the bitterness towards him I think is unjust, he helped change this football club for the better and he left and people can’t forgive it.....it’s football ffs it’s actually normal the way he left, we have just been lucky we haven’t been subjected to it for many years, I am sure if MT does well and a bigger club offering more money come in he will be gone also....wouldn’t we all?
The major bitterness I see on this thread is from those who propagated the myth that Tisdale was a rather special manager and after his latest failure don't like to be reminded that he in fact was nothing of the sort. Most City fans I know happily acknowledge his contribution but simply refuse to buy into the exaggerated claims as to his managerial prowess espoused by some on here.