• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out brigade - Mk Edition.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has hundreds and hundreds of contacts within the professional game
It looked like only a handful when he was managing us.

Despite all these apparent contacts and piles of cash to play with at MK Dons he still made the same mistakes and shed loads of predictably shocking signings.

Redarrow

Has anyone suggested on here that he is at home worrying about such things? It’s only you flagging up that scenario as far I can see?
Yes mate if you go back over the posts you will see a fair few comments suggesting it, it’s more the bitterness towards him I think is unjust, he helped change this football club for the better and he left and people can’t forgive it.....it’s football ffs it’s actually normal the way he left, we have just been lucky we haven’t been subjected to it for many years, I am sure if MT does well and a bigger club offering more money come in he will be gone also....wouldn’t we all?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
and he left and people can’t forgive it.....
You seem to be ignoring one pretty important aspect, lots of people wanted him gone.

Redarrow

It looked like only a handful when he was managing us.

Despite all these apparent contacts and piles of cash to play with at MK Dons he still made the same mistakes and shed loads of predictably shocking signings.
He would have hundreds within the game, from liaising with every club he signed someone from, to every manager in his respective league, to players he played with over the years, not even mentioning Oakley or Butterfield who will have plenty as both played football at the highest level for many years.

They will all be back in a job with no issues in my opinion and as soon as they are they will love there new fans and not care about MK fans, they will want to beat MK and City as again....there is no loyalty in football!!

Redarrow

You seem to be ignoring one pretty important aspect, lots of people wanted him gone.
So why are people still so bitter and fascinated about him?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am sure if MT does well and a bigger club offering more money come in he will be gone also....wouldn’t we all?
Hasn't a team already made an approach for him already and he refused to talk as he wants to complete what he has started here?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes mate if you go back over the posts you will see a fair few comments suggesting it, it’s more the bitterness towards him I think is unjust, he helped change this football club for the better and he left and people can’t forgive it.....it’s football ffs it’s actually normal the way he left, we have just been lucky we haven’t been subjected to it for many years, I am sure if MT does well and a bigger club offering more money come in he will be gone also....wouldn’t we all?
This is what I wrote in reply to an earlier post of yours, before recent events.

I think it's fair and I stand by it; no bitterness from me.. I'd also say that while there is clearly bitterness from others, it is half Tis' own fault, so whether it's unjust is a matter of opinion.

"We do have a lot to thank Tis for and though I didn't really know him I had a fair bit of interaction with him through the Trust Board etc and always found him pleasant and articulate.

It was only the last couple of years when he seemed to be becoming restless and frustrated that things deteriorated, he made some dismissive remarks in interviews and conversation which caused me (and I suspect others) to wonder if he wanted out.

As it turned out, he did. 10 years plus is a long time in football management and I for one didn't begrudge him the new challenge and presumably increased salary. It's just a shame it didn't end more amicably. Probably both sides could have communicated with each other better, but that's fairly normal and anyway water under the bridge.

If I every meet Tis again (not very likely), I'll be happy to shake his hand and thank him for his years at ECFC.

But we have all moved on and as they say, "that's life". "

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lots of people wanted him to stay. Another important aspect.

Redarrow

Hasn't a team already made an approach for him already and he refused to talk as he wants to complete what he has started here?
He had been a manager for 6 months before that club made contact, give him a couple years of experience and MT will know better his strengths and weaknesses as a manager, once that comes and a club offers him a bigger budget and more money and he will be off quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.

why do players always move on throughout their careers?? To move to a higher level, to get a better financial contract, to challenge themselves, no different for a manager!!

Football is a very short career...get as high as you can and earn as much money as you can before it’s over.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ainsworth hasn't gone and neither has Mike Flynn, of course managers sometimes move on however you need to move away from your sweeping generalisations.