• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This is Porky's world

motorservices

Not really banter, but thought some might be interested in an insight to the otherside

You will notice the bullying, name calling and MODs acting like Hitler

Thank god, WE on Exeweb not only support the better Football club but also have a Forum that is fair

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87033

oh and by the way the word deleted was NITTY GRITTY...............

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
A classic moto!

Just about shows the porkstain up for what he is!

Throws a hissy when someone tries to get to the 'nitty gritty' on his site but more than happy to keep waving his 'Richard' around Willy nilly at anyone who dares to question him.

Typical Newell - but has he, yet again, revealed a chink in his armour here?

Avening Posse

I don't really understand that site, I have looked at loads of footie sites and most have a fair bit of humour, rubbish, childishness, stupidity all mixed up with the footie stuff, and therefore very representative of everybody, and something for everybody, but Pasoti doesn't appear to have any of that ?, just dull........and if any of you Pasoti mods are reading this, we are allowed to say "dull" on Exeweb, it definitely didn't mean something else 200 years ago :)

graiser

Can't argue with any of that, don't think you can call them mods, more like controllers, I just wish there'd be wholesale account deletions and let the pricks talk to themselves

Last edited:

Silver fox

Can't argue with any of that, don't think you can call them mods, more like controllers, I just wish there'd be wholesale account deletions and let the pricks talk to themselves
Agree graiser, it's a shame really because I enjoyed my time on there, some good chaps, that's where I met tagz and you, with my eating habits..

motorservices

I don't really understand that site, I have looked at loads of footie sites and most have a fair bit of humour, rubbish, childishness, stupidity all mixed up with the footie stuff, and therefore very representative of everybody, and something for everybody, but Pasoti doesn't appear to have any of that ?, just dull........and if any of you Pasoti mods are reading this, we are allowed to say "dull" on Exeweb, it definitely didn't mean something else 200 years ago :)
Agreed AP

This comment sums Hitler up nicely

Womble wrote:
Postey - Why should anyone who disagrees with you have to leave?

If your not happy with people disagreeing with you u can always quit as a mod - it works both ways.

He can but he won't.

How about you?

You're on the edge I'd say, Mods don't have to take this ****e from you, it's as simple as that.

It makes no sense for you to keep on moaning about it. Either belt up or bugger off, it's that simple.

This site is not nor ever has been democratic, so put that in your moaning pipe and smoke it.

and he comes on here, posts the way he does, yet we can do the same over there, he is nothing but a **** tator............

Tosspotty Twinned with North Korea

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Crikey! What a hullabaloo. There isn't, nor ever has been, a racial element to the term 'nitty gritty'. Wiki (as is often the case) wrongly states it's first use was the 1960s but it was actually a little earlier in the 1930s. Still a long way north of the slave trade. I gave up reading the thread on pasoti after a few posts, it all seemed far too internetty petty to me. The following link might be of interest to other sad gits who share my passion for the English Language and Etymology ...
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/nitty-gritty.html
For what it's worth, which I appreciate isn't a lot, the chap on pasoti used the phrase correctly and in the manner that I've been personally aware of it being used in British English for at least 40 years.

Last edited:

angelic upstart

Sure about that Rae? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1988681.stm

I had no idea about it mind you. Nor would anyone in their right mind take it as racism.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Gave up long ago reading anything from Dorkus tbh

He lives in his own little world.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Absolutely positive, au. It's a myth that's grown out of cod-etymology (or folk-etymology as phrases.org calls it). Goodness only knows how someone drew that conclusion of false meaning but it was popular enough to take hold as 'fact'. There is zero evidence it ever meant anything to do with race or that it's ever been used in a racial manner. I can't believe I agree with David Blumkett about something.