• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paper tax discs in windscreens. There were a few defunct ones still hanging on in recent years, but I haven't spotted one in the wild for months now.

See also: National Trust membership stickers in windscreens. It must all be done online these days.
My car has both! :) It does spend a fair amount of time in its garage, so that's probably why you haven't spotted it.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Motorists taking off the distributor cap & spraying a bit of WD40 on the points on damp mornings.

A regular occurrence for me when I had a M111 Cortina.

Alistair20000

Motorists taking off the distributor cap & spraying a bit of WD40 on the points on damp mornings.

A regular occurrence for me when I had a M111 Cortina.
Probably even more so with my pair of Ford Anglia 105E. No plugging the car into the computer in them days.

Oldsmobile-88

Probably even more so with my pair of Ford Anglia 105E. No plugging the car into the computer in them days.
The last time I did that trick was on my ‘65 Olds Delta about 13 years ago...You never forget,I got electronic ignition fitted after that..

Swanaldo

Kids doing paper rounds on foot or on their bikes. I saw three this morning, all being ferried round in their parents' cars!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
PPI adverts on telly. They've only been gone a little while but I'm missing them already ,especially the one which went "Oy you. Yes you, you half wit. Why haven't you claimed PPI yet ? You might be gormless but there's no need to act like a feckin dunce. Call Gladstone Brookes now. Mong".

Oldsmobile-88

True Form...Shoe Shops.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
True Form...Shoe Shops.
Shoe shops!

Down to just Clarks in Aldershot.

Alistair20000

A home win in an Ashes series :cry:

Oldsmobile-88

Households keeping a couple of candles handy in case of industrial disputed that would lead to power cuts.
A fairly regular occurrence in the 1970’s.The last ones I can remember were in Oct/Nov 1977 when the CEGB were ‘working to rule’