• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

GJW

Bazooka Joe gum

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The "Ginger Pele" at Swindon! :D

Legohead

Banned
Bazooka Joe gum
Never seen that EVER, never mind before.

Alistair20000

Seconded.

Grecian2K

What?????
Used to come with American themed "water-transfers" inside the wrapper - all the "joy" of juvenile tattoos but without the need for needles and consequent pain and/or infection.

Alistair20000

What?????
Used to come with American themed "water-transfers" inside the wrapper - all the "joy" of juvenile tattoos but without the need for needles and consequent pain and/or infection.
Are we back to the 1930's here G2K ?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Rostyle Steel Wheels on cars...Multi tune air horns..
Steve & Debbie(substitute any names) across the top of windscreens.
I'll see your Rostyle's and raise you...….. home done Pinstripes that were exactly the same on both sides , and with that in mind how about 2 tone paint jobs and big n littles shod with BFG raised white letters !

Oldsmobile-88

Raft races down the Exe.
Some great rafts made.I remember one made for the Gas team that was a work of art though it ended semi submerged near the end..
I would imagine you would need the RNLI on standby these days for that type of event.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
On a similar vein.Do they still have Dragon Boat racing on the Quay in Exeter ?

Always around the Summer Bank Holidays in the early 1990s..A few teams were short of paddlers one year & roped a few of us in from Port Royal.
It seemed a recipe for disaster,we were all pi55ed & life jackets not being a requirement in those days on the boats..We all survived,though soaked through 😁..A great day out.

LOG

^^^^
On a similar vein.Do they still have Dragon Boat racing on the Quay in Exeter ?

Always around the Summer Bank Holidays in the early 1990s..A few teams were short of paddlers one year & roped a few of us in from Port Royal.
It seemed a recipe for disaster,we were all pi55ed & life jackets not being a requirement in those days on the boats..We all survived,though soaked through 😁..A great day out.
There was a day of it last September but i don't know if it's a regular thing.

I happened to be by the river as it was going on and during one race the boats ploughed through a group of swans who were just going about their business. Fortunately it didn't appear that any were injured but you'd like to think that they might make sure the river was clear before starting.