• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just said that schools could be out for 12 months.

I guess they have no real idea on time wise as it’s unpredictable.
No one has any real idea, This virus is new and there are probably a lot more intelligent people than us looking into its life cycle

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No one has any real idea, This virus is new and there are probably a lot more intelligent people than us looking into its life cycle
More than the Exeweb collective? I struggle to believe that. :)

Alistair20000

Dannyred said:
Just said that schools could be out for 12 months.

Just as Alice Cooper predicted all those years ago!
Call me Mr Picky if you wish but I thought it was for summer, then forever. 12 months did not come into it.

IBA

Some (good?) news regarding Italy's alarming mortality figures (which show no sign of receding) these may be due to very strange recording methods.I understand that if 1 person dies in a hospital of Cov19 all subsequent deaths in that hospital are automatically attributed to Cov19.
Maybe then some of the figures have been overinflated and we're not all going to die!!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some (good?) news regarding Italy's alarming mortality figures (which show no sign of receding) these may be due to very strange recording methods.I understand that if 1 person dies in a hospital of Cov19 all subsequent deaths in that hospital are automatically attributed to Cov19.
Maybe then some of the figures have been overinflated and we're not all going to die!!
Where did you get this from?

Matt Russell

Where did you get this from?
His source has been at the sauce.

sign of the chimes

Hey Grecians, just wanted to wish everyone on here, their loved ones, and all associated with ECFC the very best. Take care of yourselves, and make sure you do everything you can to protect those around you at the greatest risk from this.

Legohead

Banned
You too sotc. (y)

IndoMike

I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON VIRUSES NOR A DOCTOR : I'M SIMPLY PASSING ON INFORMATION FROM WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE. NOT ALL THIS INFO IS NEW, BUT HOPEFULLY IT MIGHT BE USEFUL. IT'S N

The virus remains in the throat in the form of thick mucus for 4 days. It solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. In order for treatment/medicines to be effective, these airways must be unblocked first.
You can take the following measures to avoid/alleviate the problem
1. Drink lots of hot water, coffee, tea and soups.This moistens the mouth/throat and washes the virus into the stomach, where it is neutralised by gastric juices preventing it from reaching the lungs. Also sip warm water every 20 minutes.
2. Avoid cold food and drinks
3. Every day gargle with warm water and an antiseptic such as vinegar, lemon or salt
4. As soon as you feel discomfort in your throat attack it via measures as mentioned above
5. Clean metallic surfaces, door knobs and handrails carefully
6. The virus sticks to hair and clothes. Ideally after arriving home you should have a bath or shower straight away, even before sitting down.
7. Clothes should be washed daily : detergent and foamy soap kills the virus.

It is up to you if you choose to follow these sometimes very time-consuming actions. The info was passed on to us personally by someone who works in the medical profession and has access to certain info.

IndoMike

I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON VIRUSES NOR A DOCTOR : I'M SIMPLY PASSING ON INFORMATION FROM WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE. NOT ALL THIS INFO IS NEW, BUT HOPEFULLY IT MIGHT BE USEFUL. IT'S N

The virus remains in the throat in the form of thick mucus for 4 days. It solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. In order for treatment/medicines to be effective, these airways must be unblocked first.
You can take the following measures to avoid/alleviate the problem
1. Drink lots of hot water, coffee, tea and soups.This moistens the mouth/throat and washes the virus into the stomach, where it is neutralised by gastric juices preventing it from reaching the lungs. Also sip warm water every 20 minutes.
2. Avoid cold food and drinks
3. Every day gargle with warm water and an antiseptic such as vinegar, lemon or salt
4. As soon as you feel discomfort in your throat attack it via measures as mentioned above
5. Clean metallic surfaces, door knobs and handrails carefully
6. The virus sticks to hair and clothes. Ideally after arriving home you should have a bath or shower straight away, even before sitting down.
7. Clothes should be washed daily : detergent and foamy soap kills the virus.

It is up to you if you choose to follow these sometimes very time-consuming actions. The info was passed on to us personally by someone who works in the medical profession and has access to certain info.
Well, I've just watched the BBC talking about Coronavirus myths and they've just mentioned and rubbished points 1. and 2 above.
So even though I am sure my source is serious, responsible and has some detailed knowledge, I gave to put an asterisk beside 1 and 2, according to the BEEB.