• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

budegrecian

So the only way out is for the club to sell the ground to the owners??!! Surely not, I'm just being cynical obviously.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So the only way out is for the club to sell the ground to the owners??!! Surely not, I'm just being cynical obviously.
Actually I believe that is impossible anyway, doesn't the Council own the ground these days ? The general consensus appears to be that his plan is to build a cheap new stadium elsewhere, in return for the council giving him Plainbore, whereupon he will flog it for development before scarpering with the lolly, no doubt attempting to flog the club on at the same time recouping his loans and investment. If they haven't already done it, the Torquay trust should apply to have Plainbore listed as an "Asset of Community Value" which would provide a further hurdle to any attempted redevelopment ideas. If you are not aware, the owner has "previous" which includes after acquiring Bristol Rovers, he sold off their Eastville Stadium for redevelopment ( it was where the IKEA, and a retail park now stands) and moved the Club to become tenants at Bath City's Twerton Park. I wonder what happened to the proceeds as certainly, like what happened to Brighton, no new stadium ever got built ?

They really could end up in "$hit Creek". The best the Chipnickers might hope for is to start again as a Phoenix Club with, depending on the terms of the Plainbore lease, Torbay Council cancelling the lease to United, and offering a new lease on favourable terms to the new outfit, which they might be prepared to do, if it were to be fan owned.

Legohead

Banned
Some Turkeys singing, 'Stanno is 6 feet under der der der' at the game today for which a poster on one of their forums says, 'You are disgusting and vile. You should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves....'.

At least there are some good people out there but regardless. I really hope that tin pot club get stitched up by their property developer owner and they disappear off the face of the planet once and for all.

geoffwp

You seem to have a right bee in your bonnet about the gulls. Why judge a club by the actions of a few jerks? All clubs have them.

Legohead

Banned
You seem to have a right bee in your bonnet about the gulls. Why judge a club by the actions of a few jerks? All clubs have them.
TUFC and some of their fans put me in a dark place therefore I make no apologies. I judge that club as i see fit.

geoffwp

They locked you in a cupboard Harry potter style?

Legohead

Banned
They locked you in a cupboard Harry potter style?
It's late. I won't react to that as I feel i should.

fred binneys head

TUFC and some of their fans put me in a dark place therefore I make no apologies. I judge that club as i see fit.
It might help you if you didn’t keep going on their forum then. Just saying.

DB9

If some idiots had that effect on you then don't keep it building up inside you, Seek some help to deal with whatever it was, In the long run it will make you feel better. Genuine concerned reply

Leads

Indeed- thankfully I haven’t heard them in a while but songs about Alan Nichols used to be very common