• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Kevin Hill anyone ? Local lad knows the club well enough and fans seemed to warm to him.

Just wouldn't want him to do a Chris Hargreaves.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems an ideal opportunity for a local lad - Steve Tully (with Sean Taylor) now there's a combo
Or with Wayne Carlisle. After all, they both know how to get wins at Plainmoor. :D

Last edited:

David Treharne

An incredible number of weasel words in that statement from both the 'owner' and the departing Manager. Also some doubtful claims methinks. As ever its the supporter base that I fell sorry for. be interesting to see what the reaction of the local press will be given their apparent willingness to digest almost any information and turn it into " news".

Grecian2K

Not spuddling, but if threads like "TV cameras at SJP" are rapidly consigned as irrelevant to ECFC naughty stair why is THIS still on TWOWS.

Sad though their recent and current travails undoubtedly are what the heck has it to do with day to day ECFC matters?

Time for it to be shunted into the NL siding perhaps? Or at least start a conjoining "The Serious Pl*m*ff Arg*le" thread so we can similarly comment on their sufferings.

Serious question.

Last edited:

citizen

Kevin Hill anyone ? Local lad knows the club well enough and fans seemed to warm to him.

Just wouldn't want him to do a Chris Hargreaves.
Kevin Hill not going anywhere.UTT

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seems an ideal opportunity for a local lad - Steve Tully (with Sean Taylor) now there's a combo
Steve Tully is employed by City as an U16s coach. Was unaware of that.

andrew p long

Steve Tully is employed by City as an U16s coach. Was unaware of that.
Steve Tully - local, good managerial record at this level, respected former player etc.

Therefore sadly far too sensible a choice for the current shambles that is the ownership and management of TUFC.

We’ve appointed Gary Johnson. As a NLS club I don’t think we can complain about appointing someone with his CV.

iscalad

We’ve appointed Gary Johnson. As a NLS club I don’t think we can complain about appointing someone with his CV.
Wow, that is impressive. Unless he's desperate, of course. :) Anyway, all the best for the future.

Terryhall

Impressive signing - hopefully he gets the backing he claims is on the table from the owners - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45498796