• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s happening a fair bit. We had idiots causing trouble away at Gloucester and WSM and it was always going to happen at Bath. When you are taking 1200 fans to WSM and 1500 to Bath, the Stone Islanders tend to outnumber their counterparts from the home teams who normally have home gates of less than half the travelling away. We have always a decent away following but it dwarfs anything this league has probably ever seen and our troublemakers know it and are just the big bully kids parading around the infant playground.

The overwhelming majority are just enjoying the ride and loving having something to feel positive about, even if it is at this lowly level. Our crowds are better than some EFL 2 clubs now and there cannot have been many teams below the Championship who took as many supporters away as we did on Saturday.
Those are impressive numbers to take away from home, hopefully you can get back to your winning ways after that blip

Copernicus

Its good to see the Turks turning it around,,, although I predicted that they would drop to their current level waaaay back in 2009 (just can't find the post).

We need them back as it adds to the whole ECFC supporting experience..... Boxing Day is just not the same without a proper local derby 4-3 win against them.

I am expecting Banging-Them-In to re-appear on the Banter Base very soon (rofl)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever became of the Jerky Turkey ?

StroudGrecian

Torquay 5-0 up at half time, home to Oxford City.

Terryhall

Good response to GJ's first defeat last week.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Finished 7-2 and move four points clear at the top. How many there?

Finished 7-2 and move four points clear at the top. How many there?
The crowd was 2467 (46 away)

Colesman Ballz

Thanks GG. Keep it up bauys, I note Woking lost at home which helps you a bit too !

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very impressive.

Goes to prove what I’ve said on here before, it doesn’t matter what division you atre in, if you are playing great football, scoring goals and winning games then the fans will show up in numbers, get behind the club and match days will be the highlight of the week again

AlanDevlin

Whatever became of the Jerky Turkey ?
IIRC he was a victim of the ‘new’ regime soon after Exeweb changed hands. Think he found his way through the minefield between BanterBase and WOWS once too often. Shame- he had a good attitude.