• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Run In

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please note that red Devon said we needed to get to 74 points for a *play off place* not for automatic promotion

Red Devon

Please note that red Devon said we needed to get to 74 points for a *play off place* not for automatic promotion
Don’t take that as a red line maybe a point or two lower would do it!

Banksy

Hoping on hope we just scrape into the playoffs , but could be our lack of firepower will do for us.Once in them though anything can happen and I’d fancy our chances at Wembley unlike the past two seasons . Third time lucky and all that.
Out of our control , but what a pity Jayden’s transfer derailed our season a bit goal wise , how we could do with his contributions now , wish we’d splashed out on a decent like for like replacement although I guess such a player would have been hard to find at such short notice.

Oldsmobile-88

Home form in the last 11 games is 14 points out of 33.Away over the same period is exactly the same points tally.

If the Grecians are to definitely make the playoffs the home form will hold the key(improve)at the business end of the season.

IndoMike

A lot of the top ten teams have to play each other and there are the teams fighting for survival at the bottom, so it's going to be a scrap. Here's hoping that Law, Boateng, Moxey and L Martin too can take part in our remaining games. Without their extra bit of class it looks like we're gonna struggle to score.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Automatic promotion I think has nearly gone, finish in the top 7 and I think in his first season Matt Taylor would of produced a stunning effort given he’s lost Stockley mid season

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I never expected us to finish in the top three however I'm still confident we will make the play offs.

A lot will depend on Nicky Law though, if he plays in the free role behind the striker I think he can score many more goals.

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Automatic promotion I think has nearly gone, finish in the top 7 and I think in his first season Matt Taylor would of produced a stunning effort given he’s lost Stockley mid season
....and Troy....... and Hiram.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
For the past 6 years somewhere between 70 and 75 points has guaranteed a play off spot. With 33 points still up for grabs and us needing somewhere between another 15 to 20 points I think we will comfortably make the Play Offs, particularly with the squad getting back towards capacity

IndoMike

For the past 6 years somewhere between 70 and 75 points has guaranteed a play off spot. With 33 points still up for grabs and us needing somewhere between another 15 to 20 points I think we will comfortably make the Play Offs, particularly with the squad getting back towards capacity
Wish I was as confident as you. Think we'll make it but not comfortably..Since when has City done anything comfortably? 1989-1990?