• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Run In

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never mind online predictors, I reckon we’re in for another season of playoff misery. Would we be the first team to lose a playoff final at Wembley for three seasons running (assuming we get that far - surely we can’t get to Wembley every time we qualify for the playoffs)?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never mind online predictors, I reckon we’re in for another season of playoff misery. Would we be the first team to lose a playoff final at Wembley for three seasons running (assuming we get that far - surely we can’t get to Wembley every time we qualify for the playoffs)?
Or will Tisdale be the first manager to lose 3 years in a row at Wembley! In the early 2000's Lincoln lost in the league 2 play-offs five years in a row but only twice got to the final.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or will Tisdale be the first manager to lose 3 years in a row at Wembley! In the early 2000's Lincoln lost in the league 2 play-offs five years in a row but only twice got to the final.
Ironic really if both Clubs reach Wembley either ourselves or Tisdale could end up with a very unwanted record which would add even more spice to the game.

Win and we would all be ecstatically happy lose and we would all be left feeling totally bereft. Personally I hope one way or another we can avoid them.

Antony Moxey

With you on that. Third or eighth for me, I really don’t want the playoffs again.

mustangspeed2006

With you on that. Third or eighth for me, I really don’t want the playoffs again.
So if we don't end up in the top 3, you'd prefer us to finish outside the play-offs?

While the past two seasons have produced disappointing finals, we still got to enjoy hugely exciting semi-final matches that will live long in the memory.

I really can't understand passing up the opportunity of promotion, albeit a one-in-four chance.

Antony Moxey

So if we don't end up in the top 3, you'd prefer us to finish outside the play-offs?

While the past two seasons have produced disappointing finals, we still got to enjoy hugely exciting semi-final matches that will live long in the memory.

I really can't understand passing up the opportunity of promotion, albeit a one-in-four chance.
Yes. Sooner or later we’ll reach the playoffs and not get to Wembley. Also, if we carry on as we have done in the last couple of seasons we’ll have fewer and fewer fans making the trip and it’ll end up looking like an FA Vase final.

So yes, I’d rather miss out on that overwhelming chance of disappointment yet again if we can’t get automatic promotion (which I believe we’re still very capable of achieving). I’m very rapidly hating the playoffs.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. Sooner or later we’ll reach the playoffs and not get to Wembley. Also, if we carry on as we have done in the last couple of seasons we’ll have fewer and fewer fans making the trip and it’ll end up looking like an FA Vase final.

So yes, I’d rather miss out on that overwhelming chance of disappointment yet again if we can’t get automatic promotion (which I believe we’re still very capable of achieving). I’m very rapidly hating the playoffs.
Never. You don't give up because of the fear of failure.

Even if we didn't make Wembley the 2 semi final games generate revenue for the club, and I dont care if the final looks like an FA Vase turn out, its a 50/50 chance of promotion.

IndoMike

For me the only problem with the playoffs is that it extends the season so the players get a shorter break. Clearly direct promotion is better but we can't pick and choose. Anyway, let's not jump the gun : nothing is certain at the moment.

Boyo

Never. You don't give up because of the fear of failure.

Even if we didn't make Wembley the 2 semi final games generate revenue for the club, and I dont care if the final looks like an FA Vase turn out, its a 50/50 chance of promotion.
Indeed. Wembley is the worst possible place to lose, but the best possible place to win.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tomorrow's fixtures affecting our promotion/play off rivals, and a desired result:-
Notts County V Mansfield Town - Home win, unlikely even though Mansfield are without Danny Rose, Notts County current home form is not great winning one and drawing three of their last six at home
Cambridge Utd V Tranmere Rovers - Home Win - possible with Cambridge seeing a resurgence of late and currently sitting in the top five of the current form tables winning 4 of their last six matches
Carlisle Utd V MK - Draw - unlikely but possible depending whether Tisdale's side take heart from their fortunate midweek victory over Newport. Carlisle have won 5 and drawn 1 of their last six matches
Exeter City V Bury - Home win - could go either way both sides are playing well and should be an entertaining game
Forest Green Rovers V Yeovil - Away win - unlikely Yeovil are in freefall at the moment, but it has to stop somewhere, why not the vegans
Lincoln City V Stevenage - Draw - Possibly Lincoln are not on fire at the moment and although unbeaten in their last six at home, it is split between winning 3 and drawing 3, Stevenage away form very average winning 2 drawing 1 and losing 3
Macclesfield V Colchester Utd - Home win - possibly Colchester have come off the boil at the moment despite jumping back into the play offs last week, Macclesfield are indifferent
Oldham V Crewe - Draw - Crewe aren't the best travellers and Oldham have the new manager to impress so I feel it will probably be a home win despite wanting a draw.

Swindon and Newport is to be rearranged due to a small matter of an F A Cup match in Wales.

If the desired results happen then hopefully will see us back into the playoffs 3 points and a game in hand on the third place side Bury.
UTC