• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pitch

dontpassback

If you think ours is bad,you want to look at the one down the a38,a premier league pitch which hasnt had proper maintenance and now resembles Chelsea's sandy pitch of the seventies! Mind you it does have green slime on it every other week !!

rifraf

Anybody know the current state of our pitch? it was starting to get quite badly cut up and boggy in parts what with all the rain February. Is it starting to look better? Are there any photos plse?

(Sorry if there is a more appropriate and up-to-date thread, but this is the best I could find to hook onto?)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was looking bad on the 9th March which lead to the Newcastle PL U23 Cup postponement..
It looked to be recovering well with the sun & wind on it that week,still a bit bare & bumpy in patches.
It looked in reasonable nick a couple of weeks ago.
Can’t check now because the ground is closed for the duration.

Andy Holloway

If it's anything like my front lawn, and Clive is far more knowledgeable than me at ground maintenance, even though i have help from Green Thumb, it's growing like nobodies business. Clive's team were busy reseeding the last time i was in SJP just before the shutdown, so with the warmth and some rain, forecast for next week, it should be just what we need if ever the season restarts!

rifraf

If it's anything like my front lawn, and Clive is far more knowledgeable than me at ground maintenance, even though i have help from Green Thumb, it's growing like nobodies business. Clive's team were busy reseeding the last time i was in SJP just before the shutdown, so with the warmth and some rain, forecast for next week, it should be just what we need if ever the season restarts!
Thanks Andy (and Oldsmobile-88)

Grecian2K

I thought the Newcastle postponement was part of the overall suspension of football?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the Newcastle postponement was part of the overall suspension of football?
Nope. Waterlogged pitch.

iscalad

Nope. Waterlogged pitch.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
First game postponed due to coronavirus was Salford.

Grecian2K

Ah. I stand corrected. It must have been the planned rearrangement that I was thinking of?