• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Penny Drops.

Terryhall

The ones that spring to mind for me are song lyrics that everyone in the world knew, but I was convinced said something else. Most prominently Bohemian Rhapsody, the line goes "Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me".

Well into my mid twenties, I was convinced he was singing "Hit me with a window".

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The ones that spring to mind for me are song lyrics that everyone in the world knew, but I was convinced said something else. Most prominently Bohemian Rhapsody, the line goes "Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me".

Well into my mid twenties, I was convinced he was singing "Hit me with a window".
On that same note, to realise it was Brian May playing guitar at the end rather than Freddie Mercury singing da da da dum. I was always convinced it was a voice rather than an instrument.

IndoMike

If you notice your missus behaving more oddly than usual and you thoughtfully enquire if everything is all right and she answers "Yes", there's an outside chance that she may be being liberal with the truth.

Took me far too long before this particular penny dropped.
Oh sh*t does it?

Spoonz Red E

When ordering a magazine online the girl on the phone asked
Not realising until now that contrabombarde is a modem ;)

StroudGrecian

Never being able to remember which side the car's filler cap was on, it was only last year that my son pointed out the little arrow on everyone's fuel gauge that tells you.

contrabombarde

Crikey, some on here are razor sharp...well spotted Spoonz but it did take a few minutes for the penny to drop.

Originally Posted by contrabombarde.
When ordering a magazine online the girl on the phone asked...

Not realising until now that contrabombarde is a modem :D

Last edited:

LOG

I used the word modem the other day when speaking to a 20-something in our IT team. He laughed at me.

Spoonz Red E

Laughing?

How retro.

Colesman Ballz

A TV advert for Fairy Liquid containing a very annoying jingle, the words of which went "Hands that JUDICIOUS can feel soft as your face, with mild green Fairy Liquid", or so I thought for surprising number of years ! Doh ! (facepalm)

IndoMike

Me thinking I'm a cool young dude when on the MRT in Singapore a woman in her 40's stood up to offer me her seat. I was wearing my rapper hat, too!