• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Penny Drops.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What is worse than a venomous snake isca ? They scare me to death.
Funnel Web spiders

Colesman Ballz

What is worse than a venomous snake isca ? They scare me to death.
Having a "funnelweb" making merry with the "family jewels" might be a tad disconcerting too ! :unsure:

LOG

a toilet lid is there to stop nasty aerosol permeating the air and walls of the smallest room while flushing.
Not to mention putting down a layer of :poop: juice on to your toothbrush.

Alistair20000

Funnel Web spiders

Good reason to give Australia the The Elbow

Alistair20000

Having a "funnelweb" making merry with the "family jewels" might be a tad disconcerting too ! :unsure:
Ooh err missus :eek:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some years ago we had a tiler working in our bathroom whilst we were out.
When we got home he told us that two rats came up into our toilet bowl and were fighting each other.
He said he rushed over, pulled the flush and they disappeared.
We contacted Environmental Services. They said it was possible but there wasn’t much we could do about it!
We kept the lid down for a long time after that and were extra vigilant when sitting down!!
We found the proverbial one in our toilet once. Couldn't risk flushing it in case it got stuck on the way back through, so fished it out with some old kitchen implements and left it to the foxes out the back.

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was chatting to a midwife recently, having an in depth conversation on bodily functions in a social setting, who explained that a toilet lid is there to stop nasty aerosol permeating the air and walls of the smallest room while flushing.

Unlike the seat, always considered a lid of useless cosmetic value, a lame attempt to disguise what lay beneath it, or just something else to keep clean. Learn something every day.
You see I've always thought this and have consequentially always closed the lid. However, I've spent a lot of time in hospitals over the last year and have noted that their toilets do not have lids. This includes wards that have children with severely weakened immune systems. So the cleanliness issue can't be that big of one, right?

Swanaldo

The name Sandra is a short form of Alexandra.

angelic upstart

The black and white film in home alone is made specifically for home alone and isn't a stand alone film itself.

Why I thought it was is beyond me. But I did.

Swanaldo

The black and white film in home alone is made specifically for home alone.
You've blown my mind. I always assumed it was a real 1940s film.