• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Pace of change quickens

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe Taylor doesnt want to work under a director of football.

Alistair20000

Maybe Taylor doesnt want to work under a director of football.
I hope he does not. A non job at a Club at our place in the food chain.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Steve Tully anyone?
An excellent choice should it happen. Also, it might prove an interesting first step towards management for Jamie Cureton.

Will either of them chance their arm at it.

Stelios

iscalad

We have a Head of Medicine and Sport Science???? Who the hell is that. What do they do all day?

Anyways...Matt said in the interview he would be appointing a SSC. Presumably advert is a paper exercise?

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bertie Cozic has been listed in the programme as the first team's strength & conditioning coach for some considerable time now. It's my understanding that thus far this has been a part-time role but if the role is being extended I guess it's entirely conceivable Bertie will be a frontrunner.

manc grecian

Bertie Cozic has been listed in the programme as the first team's strength & conditioning coach for some considerable time now. It's my understanding that thus far this has been a part-time role but if the role is being extended I guess it's entirely conceivable Bertie will be a frontrunner.
I don't know of berties qualifications but could it be that we look to recruit the best person for the job rather than trying to give every player you've worked with a job.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know of berties qualifications but could it be that we look to recruit the best person for the job rather than trying to give every player you've worked with a job.
I don't disagree. That said, you'd like to think that Bertie was awarded the part-time role on merit.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
We have a Head of Medicine and Sport Science???? Who the hell is that. What do they do all day? ...
Ssssh! This hasn't been noticed in certain quarters yet ...

PeteUSA

Taylor doesnt strike me to be the type who would want a director of football. I dont think a good confident manager would need one. I think we only invented the role to accomodate Perryman; then lo and behold Tagg at one time had an almost identical title! The same with goalkeeping coach, I dont think we need one full time, although latterly it appeared Gwinnett was doing many other tasks in and around the dugout. I see Taylor is a goalkeeper by trade, so at 36 he might be the back-up keeper. Eitherway I think it could be the end of the line for Gwinnett.