• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Nicky Law Awards

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isnt there an Exeweb award ?

There are two Exeweb awards - one for best trophy and one for worst trophy. They have already been awarded - see earlier posts on this thread. I agree with the choices but wonder why I didn’t get a vote.

Grecian2K

IIRC there did used to be an Annual ExeWeb competition on here around Xmastide until a few years back.

I do vaguely remember that it had to be abandoned following a most unfestive uproar when the award for "Best Poster" was given to a picture of Tisdale.

IndoMike

IIRC there did used to be an Annual ExeWeb competition on here around Xmastide until a few years back.

I do vaguely remember that it had to be abandoned following a most unfestive uproar when the award for "Best Poster" was given to a picture of Tisdale.
I think Rae organized a comprehensive Exeweb Awards a few years back with cartoon/video et al.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Rae organized a comprehensive Exeweb Awards a few years back with cartoon/video et al.
That was LOG, and had him and myself in cartoon form, presenting it.

IndoMike

That was LOG, and had him and myself in cartoon form, presenting it.
I apologize. Did you win?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I apologize. Did you win?
Tbh I can't remember, I don't think I did, but there were a few jokes made about the Horse & Dray :$

Alistair20000

Yes I remember those Awards.

Some wag on here referred to the cartoon and observed: “Bet Shabba wishes she looked that good” and a reply came back probably from Swanny “And Lionel wishes he looked that good too” or summat along those lines. The Horse & Dray most definitely came into it. (y)

The last Awards I remember were hosted by Jason who made a big effort but got little support with about 2 votes per category. :(

Now what was the category that Brother Moxey won by a landslide each year ? :)

IndoMike

Tbh I can't remember, I don't think I did, but there were a few jokes made about the Horse & Dray :$
I can assure you that I would never dream of making any such comments about a lady of class and distinction such as yourself. I'm a proper gentlemen.

IndoMike

Yes I remember those Awards.

Some wag on here referred to the cartoon and observed: “Bet Shabba wishes she looked that good” and a reply came back probably from Swanny “And Lionel wishes he looked that good too” or summat along those lines. The Horse & Dray most definitely came into it. (y)

The last Awards I remember were hosted by Jason who made a big effort but got little support with about 2 votes per category. :(

Now what was the category that Brother Moxey won by a landslide each year ? :)
"Curmudgeon of the Year", shirley?

Alistair20000

"Curmudgeon of the Year", shirley?
You may very well think that. I could not possibly comment.

P.S. I don't think he likes being called Shirley. :)