• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Goalkeeper, Another Loanee or Permanent One?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rush keeper? 😜
I'd much prefer Rush up front but he is getting on a bit now.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to sign a permanent keeper; easier said than done I know, but that would be my preference over keeping on getting keepers on loan. Loan keepers are on loan for a reason, they're not good enough to play for their parent club. Weather it be Blackman, Dawson or Sinisalo, in my opinion, they came to us with the intention of ironing out their weaknesses, not risking getting injured for the cause; self preservation was apparent with all three, particularly the latter two when dealing with one on one situations. They all served us well, but I think its time to get a full time City dedicated keeper, above all else.
Blackman wasn't a loan.

grecIAN Harris

Blackman wasn't a loan.
Beat me to it.......

PeteUSA

Blackman wasn't a loan.
Well, I could have sworn he signed for us under some sort of release clause. Why did he eventually leave us?

simcity

Well, I could have sworn he signed for us under some sort of release clause. Why did he eventually leave us?
He signed a 12 month contract then left after it expired.

Also feel you were particularly harsh in your previous post about Dawson & self preservation, he was a key factor in our promotion campaign. Would love him back!

PeteUSA

He signed a 12 month contract then left after it expired.

Also feel you were particularly harsh in your previous post about Dawson & self preservation, he was a key factor in our promotion campaign. Would love him back!
I agree, Dawson was an excellent shot stopping keeper for us, but his penalty area dominance and tecnique with one on ones were on occasion questionable. I'd have Dawson back too, if he signed on properly, I'm sure with the passing of time he's ironed out any weaknesses.

Nigel E

A certain Sheffield Wednesday keeper had recently bought a house in Exmouth
One of two possibilities.

He really loved the area and has just bought himself a holiday rental/second home.

Or Exmouth Town are really going for it next season.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we need to sign a permanent keeper; easier said than done I know, but that would be my preference over keeping on getting keepers on loan. Loan keepers are on loan for a reason, they're not good enough to play for their parent club. Weather it be Blackman, Dawson or Sinisalo, in my opinion, they came to us with the intention of ironing out their weaknesses, not risking getting injured for the cause; self preservation was apparent with all three, particularly the latter two when dealing with one on one situations. They all served us well, but I think its time to get a full time City dedicated keeper, above all else.
repeated