• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Football League Show is a Gonner

lmartin

Administrator
So... no more FLS on the Beeb from the end of the season. Wonder if any of the other terrestrials will bid for the rights for highlights instead? Will take an already long programme even longer with all the bloomin ads!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/12/29/football-league-show-to-be-axed-by-bbc-115875-23665448/

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's pray it's not going back to ITV, which had no analysis of both League 1 or 2.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So... no more FLS on the Beeb from the end of the season. Wonder if any of the other terrestrials will bid for the rights for highlights instead? Will take an already long programme even longer with all the bloomin ads!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/12/29/football-league-show-to-be-axed-by-bbc-115875-23665448/
It won't be missed. Quite like some of those other pictures on the link. [y]

Willy Nilly

Good point on there that the Beeb are wasting money on Shearer who no one likes. He is the worst pundit.

Mackster

By no means perfect, but still compulsory viewing. Both MOTD & FLS should cut all the chat and just show the action with a voiceover to save a few bob. I do however enjoy the Mark Clemmit visits and behind the scenes stuff, adds a bit of soul to the show.

I guess it will turn up on Sky Sports 6, thank god for KiwiSportz!

heathy1

Claridge will have to become a full professional again, Gosport Borough to league 2!!

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know why the beeb just include football league highlights on the end of Match of the Day.

Alright, it would make MOTD go on for 5 hours...

wemissmoxey

Shame.

Decent programme for lower league fans, it will be missed.

With regards to Hansen etc, who would actually miss him apart from middle aged / old ladies, also I presume Lawro pays the BBC to sit on the sofa.

Garth Crooks would probably do it for relative pocket money !

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Shame.

Decent programme for lower league fans, it will be missed.
Come on Missy it is sh*te.

wemissmoxey

Come on Missy it is sh*te.
It shows all the goals from the Championship down to league 2, that is enough for me, you are being rather harsh imho.

Last edited: