• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks- I ended up looking into it as I was unaware there are now two Claptons! I went to their game away at Indian Gymkhana Club on Saturday which was an interesting experience. Free to get in, didn't have official assistant referees. Lots of goals though (5-4) and a good atmosphere.
Just seen this - was this in Osterley? I assume there's only one Indian Gymkhana! If so, our paths would nearly have crossed as I was a couple of hundred yards up the road on the campaign trail that day.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exmouth Town seem to have got off to quite an encouraging start in their new league.
Six points behind current leaders Bradford Town but with two games in hand.
Rather impressive home record:
W3 D0 L0 F 11 A 1

Leads

Just seen this - was this in Osterley? I assume there's only one Indian Gymkhana! If so, our paths would nearly have crossed as I was a couple of hundred yards up the road on the campaign trail that day.
Two Claptons but only one Indian Gymkhana!

grecIAN Harris

Who remembers Alan Julian that played in goal for various South East clubs during our time in The Conference (Satanage spring to mind)? He scored a very late equaliser for Billericky Town yesterday against Sutton in The Cup yesterday. Good header to be fair to him.

Rosencrantz

Who remembers Alan Julian that played in goal for various South East clubs during our time in The Conference (Satanage spring to mind)? He scored a very late equaliser for Billericky Town yesterday against Sutton in The Cup yesterday. Good header to be fair to him.
It's like no one would have posted that on the FA Cup thread 😁

grecIAN Harris

It's like no one would have posted that on the FA Cup thread 😁
Dunno, didn't look. It's non League football between non-league clubs with a non league goalkeeper who used to play for a soon to be non league club again (I'd just love to see Satanage get relegated).

Colesman Ballz

(I'd just love to see Satanage get relegated).
You and me both !

Oldsmobile-88

Willand Rovers have been removed from
The FA Trophy for playing a ineligible player.
Apparently he played for a Welsh University team in 2015 & playing in Devon since 2016 & had not received international(I kid you not) clearance.
Willand were unaware that the player had played in Wales & pleaded guilty to the charge.

Makes you laugh really,pity the FA were not as diligent on more pressing issue in the game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not being Liverpool, is hard work dealing with the FA when you apparently field an ineligible player that the FA have previously cleared!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Poor Eastleigh, broken in to again. Two poppy appeal boxes also taken by these scum excuse of people