• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Leads

Clapton CFC get move back to the Old Spotted Dog

I was going to go and watch them this Saturday but I didn't realise they were no longer playing at the OSD!

Anyone know where they are currently playing? It states in the article Walthamstow, but Wiki says otherwise.

I appreciate this is quite niche!

Went to Boreham Wood V Notts County last night. A 2-1 away win :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was going to go and watch them this Saturday but I didn't realise they were no longer playing at the OSD!

Anyone know where they are currently playing? It states in the article Walthamstow, but Wiki says otherwise.

There might be two Claptons!

exeter-loyal

Another defeat for Torquay Tuesday night. Quite a tight league at the min though.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeovil are on a great run in the NL,7 wins on the spin.

Real talking point at Huish Park was the referee sending off all of the ballboys for wasting time :D
I would love to see that Referee at Home Park when The Grecians play there.The goons who ‘retrieve’ the ball there have got history with that tactic against us & others.

Last edited:

i8cornwall

There are two Claptons now. Clapton Fc and Clapton Community Fc (which is fan owned and I'm actally a memeber of).

Clapton Fc currently groundshare with Aveley Fc and Clapton Community play at Wadam lodge but will move into the OSD at some point in the future, more then likey next season.

Leads

There are two Claptons now. Clapton Fc and Clapton Community Fc (which is fan owned and I'm actally a memeber of).

Clapton Fc currently groundshare with Aveley Fc and Clapton Community play at Wadam lodge but will move into the OSD at some point in the future, more then likey next season.
Thanks- I ended up looking into it as I was unaware there are now two Claptons! I went to their game away at Indian Gymkhana Club on Saturday which was an interesting experience. Free to get in, didn't have official assistant referees. Lots of goals though (5-4) and a good atmosphere.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will Gloucester City finally return to Gloucester next season?

Leads

I went along to Ebbsfleet v Torquay last night. I was impressed by the visitors, they looked very good going forward. Reid took his goal very well- great control and then smashed it into the corner.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yet another non league club reporting a break in

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Clapton Community Football Club have had a look at the Old Spotted Dog Ground and the report is not good news. Loads of work to be done by August 2020!