• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tesco

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The shares have taken a massive dive. It is stated that this is due to under investment in the stores and poor service standards as a result of low wages. This policy had a short term effect of boosting profits but has now backfired.

A price war may now be needed to start recovery which may be good for consumers.

Any of you lot Tesco regulars and what do you think ?

BTW It is rumoured that Missy has made a small fortune by shorting Tesco shares and may be looking to re-invest. Sign the man up.

Juan Kossof

We have a Morrisons in S-u-A which is way better. Don't understand why Tesco's is so favoured to be honest.

Mr Jinx

Agree - my supermarket of choice is Morrisons, then Sainsburys. I only ever go to Tesco's if I have to. Never really saw the appeal.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is their meat is of a lower quality than that of their competitors, they seem to have very poor stock availability and their prices go haywire.

Last night in Tesco they had a display - "Mince, £2.20" only on the packets themselves they were priced at £2.50. Very poor attention to detail.

ecfc2000

excellent news, delighted. Wont go near the place.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some of their multi buys are ludicrous. Before Xmas they were selling small pots of ice cream at a £1 each. Or 4 for £5!

Alistair20000

The problem is their meat is of a lower quality than that of their competitors, they seem to have very poor stock availability and their prices go haywire.

Last night in Tesco they had a display - "Mince, £2.20" only on the packets themselves they were priced at £2.50. Very poor attention to detail.
Was this the retailer that let you down on the Mint Magnums Jase ? ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Was this the retailer that let you down on the Mint Magnums Jase ? ;)
Were it so, Mr 20K, were it so. No, it was the Spar (now "Best In") on London Road, Isleworth.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Not sure any of the other supermarkets pay any better than Tescos.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure any of the other supermarkets pay any better than Tescos.
Tesco is, I'd have thought, quite well-regarded as an employer in terms of its bonus structure and whatnot.

In other news, Asda causes outrage amongst its staff in Haaaanslow:

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2012/01/06/hounslow-asda-cheats-staff-out-of-day-off-109642-30071455/