• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for wembley

ExeterCityLad

David Webb to referee..

The same referee against our 3-3 draw with Carlisle last season, and our 3-0 win over Morecambe last season - I believe.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Please keep on topic.
Can you remind me what the topic is ? I've forgotten

Bittners a Legend

On the topic of Robbie Simpson - whether you think he should start or not - it is clear that you get more out of Jayden Stockley when he isn't horribly isolated. Simpson fights a lot of the dirty battles with the back four and I suspect Stockley is appreciative of that. He needs somebody up there with him and Simpson seems to be Tisdale's player of choice so I would have thought it unlikely we will change the starting 11.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depending on how fit he is, I'd plump for Jones in goal. Its a tough call, but I think his mindset would adapt more to the big Wembley stage. He didnt let playing in front of 65,000 at Old Trafford get to him; and an admirable game he had. Last years final v Blackpool was a general nightmare, and nobody played that well. I did however think that Pym might have done better on their goal that went past him from a diagonal shot from the right. It was remarkably similar to Lincolns goal on thursday where indecision and poor positioning were apparent. Pym is pretty much the finished product on every aspect, and I'm certain he's attracting scouts from bigger clubs. His one on one weakness still prevails IMHO.
Jesus wept. This has been quoted on Coventry's local rat's website.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-play-completely-different-14702161.amp

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete's doing a great job in winning the psychological war. If they take his words as in any way relevant to reality then that will really confuse them!

Fake news! Probably instigated by the Russians!

Last edited:

thermopylai

This is deeply worrying. It appears that Coventry have managed to hack our top secret communications. Now they can pinch our collective wisdom...

contrabombarde

Don't worry, just send them to Coventry.

DanceMagnet

This is deeply worrying. It appears that Coventry have managed to hack our top secret communications. Now they can pinch our collective wisdom...
No doubt the Cov management team are searching the video archives as we speak to determine Paul Jones’ goalkeeping weaknesses. What could possibly go wrong for them?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
How much have they paid PateUSA in royalties?

Exe on Valdez

Potentially the last chance for Tisdale to tinker.

Jones
McAlinden (the 90 minute right back crash course)
Croll
Seaborne
Woodman
Tillson
Byrne
Holmes
Jay
Brunt
Loft