• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team Bath

CC

Resigning from the Blue Square South as of next season. Wonder if that will affect our informal links with them??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/7991750.stm

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's strange.

Not strange that the Conference didn't realise that they didn't qualify until almost the end of their first season - that sort of thing would be expected and no doubt there will be points deductions to follow. We will have to wait and see who they deduct the points from...

Strange in where do they go from here - drop down into a league that they can't be promoted out of? Give up altogether?

Can't see it making any difference to City, although the Shaun Lamb contract mystery may now never be solved. ;)

GrecianInWales

That is a bit odd. You'd have thought the Conference would have realised before now that Team Bath wouldn't have been able to get further promotions. I guess that puts them back into the Southern League.

They've said they'll be fulfilling their fixtures and resigning at the end of the year, but it does seem a bit odd. Anybody know exactly what the problem is that the Conference won't let them play any higher?

Mike Blackstone

I now wonder what will happen to similar team - Team Northumbria - who play in the Northern League?

Giant Midget

A shame for both Team Bath and football as a whole. We don't get many fairytales these days in football due to the gulf in class between many of the teams in the top tier of English football and the rest of the league. I feel it would have been interesting to see a club like Team Bath can educate talented football players and giving them opportunities beyond their playing career and potentially achieve the status of playing in the football league.

Mike Blackstone

I feel it would have been interesting to see a club like Team Bath can educate talented football players and giving them opportunities beyond their playing career and potentially achieve the status of playing in the football league.
Without their own ground they would never have been allowed entry to the Football League.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at that article it would appear that the Conference are intent on stopping the growth of lower league football.Always a dangerous thing to have rules that are too fixed.Conference always will be tinpot unless they have a more enlightened approach to how they run their leagues.