• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taylor turns down approach from other club

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that explains why he didn’t even want to attend an interview.

Credit to whichever club it was for making the approach via ECFC, rather than tapping up.

I am a bit surprised that City decided to publicise the approach though.
Probably to demonstrate to any other would be suitors (particularly of the hire 'em and fire 'em disposition) that it is pointless even asking the question.

Spoonz Red E

I think that explains why he didn’t even want to attend an interview.

Credit to whichever club it was for making the approach via ECFC, rather than tapping up.

I am a bit surprised that City decided to publicise the approach though.
Actually it's the sensible thing to do (although a lot of clubs don't act sensibly).
Social media would have been speculating anyway so best to kill the story stone dead and get on with the football.

Rosencrantz

Actually it's the sensible thing to do (although a lot of clubs don't act sensibly).
Social media would have been speculating anyway so best to kill the story stone dead and get on with the football.
Also tells other clubs to not bother for the time being at least.

PeteUSA

Tisdale was the manager,he isn’t now,so why are we wasting our time on someone,when we have a young progressive manager who is doing very well in the job,Tisdale has gone end of !

Why do people end what they have to say with: 'End of'? Is that a northern thing like 'Early Doors'?

arthur

Why do people end what they have to say with: 'End of'? Is that a northern thing like 'Early Doors'?
It means "end of discussion" (because I'm right/you lost). Nothing particularly northern about it - I associate it more with a certain debate about the UK's place in a global world..

hienzeECFC

Here we go again. ... Jesus. In various articles and interviews it was mentioned, ending with saying that his career has been put on hold. Now if you expect me to find articles from 2 years ago + you have no chance.
Blimey. What a stroppy fellow!

IndoMike

Blimey. What a stroppy fellow!
It's tiresome when people contradict a fact.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why Matt wants to stay at Exeter (except for it being God's Country) https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/exeter-city-lincoln-matt-taylor-3331054

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's nearly as annoying as people writing 'rant over' at the end of a post just in case the reader struggles to comprehend that the end of their post is the end of the rant. Bizarre.

Back on topic though, it's great to see Matt repaying the faith in the club, and also serves to highlight just how stable the club seems to be these days that people want to stay instead of jumping at the first opportunity.

Colesman Ballz

The Club that wanted to speak to Matt was it seems Mansfield Town, who want to return their manager back to running their academy, as they feel that he is out of his depth with their first team.