• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taylor turns down approach from other club

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be interested to know who it was. Unless it is a championship club I really cannot see why it would be a good move for him currently. He's in the ascendancy with a top of the table team, who have every chance of going up this year. They say circa 50% of managers get the sack each season so circa 50% vacancies created, and no doubt that will be the same next season if he gets us up this year, and he's bound to be looked at seriously by some bigger clubs if he does get us up

STURTZ

No, I remember him mentioning it on occasions, to my annoyance. He took the course most suited to him and he got a decent salary out of those Swansea back downs. Thank him for sticking to the script and helping cement the trust model but on your way, Matt will take us through the next fun filled 10 years.

Colesman Ballz

Come on fellers ! This is a KING MATT THREAD, lets not drag it down into a debate about some former manager with an inflated ego FFS !

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on fellers ! This is a KING MATT THREAD, lets not drag it down into a debate about some former manager with an inflated ego FFS !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdsle never stopped reminding us that he turned down offers.
I think Matt s from a different cloth. Anyway, an approach is not an offer, but I reckon Matt knows he needs to learn his trade first, and where better than his "home" club.
Which is what I was getting at really. It wasn't him doing the reminding, rather those writing about him. At least that is how I recall it.
"Never stopped" is a bit of an exaggeration but he did just happen to mention it several times in interviews, in conversation, and at fans' forums I attended.

Nothing wrong with that per se, you respect any employee's right to do what's best for himself and his family and to remind his employers as to his value to them; but especially in the latter years he did give the impression that he was too good for us and that the Trust model was holding him back.

And his angry reaction to the Trust wanting to change his employment status from a rolling to a fixed term contract (perfectly logically as rolling contracts of long duration are regarded in the business world as poor governance, and after due notice in accordance with that contract), showed a certain shall we say lack of class.

Pobbop

Gawd this place is tiresome at times.

IndoMike

Not sure what you're getting at, but I wouldn't mind seeing some evidence of these constant reminders from Tis that he turned down offers.
[/QUOTE

Seems that other people remember, Jason.

exeter-loyal

Loving the fact that he doesn't even want to know let alone speak to another club. He wants Success here in the next few years, he's not thinking League One, he's thinking Championship!!!!

dontpassback

Tisdale was the manager,he isn’t now,so why are we wasting our time on someone,when we have a young progressive manager who is doing very well in the job,Tisdale has gone end of !

andrew p long

Be interested to know who it was. Unless it is a championship club I really cannot see why it would be a good move for him currently.
I think that explains why he didn’t even want to attend an interview.

Credit to whichever club it was for making the approach via ECFC, rather than tapping up.

I am a bit surprised that City decided to publicise the approach though.