Tattoos - Like or loathe ?

The Proper Chap

Loathe for me.

Don't have any, won't ever have any.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like tattoos on other people. Will probably never get any myself, mind.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
I've always been against. But am intrigued so wouldn't mind a small one somewhere discreet.

IndoMike

I hate ink marks at the best of times. If someone were to leave a pen or biro on a bedspread and there was the slightest ink mark I would dump it straight away. So there

HH12

No strong opinion either way each to their own - I personally would never have one. However, Mrs Dozen has one which I think looks quite nice it is very meaningful to us as a family and is not very noticeable.
I think where it all goes wrong is when people plaster themselves all over now that is loathsome

Swanaldo

If you are/were in the Navy you're allowed a tattoo. You would earn the right to have a star tattoo if you'd sailed across the equator or a swallow tattoo if you'd rounded the Cape, that sort of thing.

If you've got RIP Dave written on your neck, you just look like a tw4t.

STURTZ

Unless they're done well I think they just look messy, like you've carried a leaky biro in your top pocket or something. Beckham looks like he's given a five year old his first set of felt tip pens and invited him to scribble on his back. Can't even use the old "I was pished" line, not unless he was pished for five years at a time.

Oldsmobile-88

I had one done about 30 years ago & do not regret it..It’s on my upper arm(Barbed wire wrapped,if anyone is interested)

Don’t have a problem with them..The issue is a lot of people have really poor quality tats,there seem to be a lot more tattoo parlours these days & some are not particularly good quality..If anyone is thinking of having one,a bit of research is essential.
I went to Torquay to have mine done after seeing the quality of my friends numerous tattoos done in the same parlour.

Last edited: