• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg's Trust AGM speech - 3 option

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is. As this is not an edited post, then go to the drafts option on the right, and select delete draft.
On the right where Hants. Top or bottom? I see nothing. Do you mean"preview"?

eurogrecian

Tagg at the Trust AGM outlined 3 routes that the Club can take and calls on the Trust to give him an instruction. I copy the options below. The full transcript of the speech is here: https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/chairman-agm/

1.We could do nothing and accept where that takes us
2. We could review our model, seek external investment, not in the same way of pretty much every other club I hasten to add, but perhaps along the lines of the German model, by far the most financially successful league in the world, perhaps a hybrid of our own making?
3. We could move house - Luton, Bournemouth - so many others are doing or about to do exactly that, and create a ground for the 450,000 demographic and cater for the leisure demands of Greater Exeter - football, music, hospitality, exhibitions, conferencing accommodation?
Mr T speaks of a cliff that we are bound to fall off or a juggernaut about to mow us down, but doesn't explain why this should be.
What's not to like about our present situation and why is it under threat?
(unless of course we have ambitions to be in the Champion's League etc which frankly I do not)
Notwithstanding the scam of the tribunal system, the academy model is not only proving a good earner, but also providing great viewing watching promising young players come through the ranks and go on to bigger things.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd have thought that N° 1 looks just great at the moment - although I don't think all the improvements at the C&F, the covering of the away end and the construction of the SASS could be described as "doing nothing"!

Dannyred

Mr T speaks of a cliff that we are bound to fall off or a juggernaut about to mow us down, but doesn't explain why this should be.
What's not to like about our present situation and why is it under threat?
(unless of course we have ambitions to be in the Champion's League etc which frankly I do not)
Notwithstanding the scam of the tribunal system, the academy model is not only proving a good earner, but also providing great viewing watching promising young players come through the ranks and go on to bigger things.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd have thought that N° 1 looks just great at the moment - although I don't think all the improvements at the C&F, the covering of the away end and the construction of the SASS could be described as "doing nothing"!
Why have several business people walked away from the club, Should the falling off a cliff bit be taken more seriously as that’s a big thing to say.

The move to a new stadium is not a new idea, things are already in motion for the possibility of a move.

I think in 5 to 7 years the club will be in a new stadium.

WXF

Is worth remembering that ambitious ground redevelopment and expectations of lots of extra income from non-football related activity (from the Centre Spot) were factors behind the club's financial mess that the Trust inherited. If you wait long enough, the same ideas come back around.

IndoMike

Why have several business people walked away from the club, Should the falling off a cliff bit be taken more seriously as that’s a big thing to say.

The move to a new stadium is not a new idea, things are already in motion for the possibility of a move.

I think in 5 to 7 years the club will be in a new stadium.
Which businesses have walked away from the club?

Dannyred

Which businesses have walked away from the club?
I cannot think of the names at the moment but the lawyer guy is one of them.

IndoMike

I cannot think of the names at the moment but the lawyer guy is one of them.
Hmmm. I was gonna ask you if you knew why they'd left if you had named some.
You're giving the impression that businesses are leaving in droves because they are dissatisfied with the club, but you are not providing any evidence whatsoever
"I can't remember" is not very convincing, is it? Neither is "that lawyer bloke".
You always want reality to match your obsession.

Ian Russon

Walked away from the club or the game so to speak? Two big differences. I'd only worry about someone not being interested if they went on to invest in a different local club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Didn't the "lawyer guy" have problems at an employment tribunal because of sexual harassment?

older-codger

Just what new income streams would be anticipated with a move to a new area? It is unlikely that there would be any significant increase in attendances beyond our current capacity for many years (even the Chiefs regular attendances are little above our capacity). If we are talking purely conference/entertainment income would the simplest idea (if we are spending money anyway) be to construct an extension over the car park at first floor level with a large open plan capable of being divided into smaller spaces if required?