• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg's Trust AGM speech - 3 option

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not points - scoring, RW. If you make a proposal it has to be feasible, and I've been asking you about the feasibility of your idea and if there are any pitfalls. Surely you would expect that.
It wasn't aimed at you Mike . Any H is the one always making adverse comment.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're sure but not definitely knowing there is?
DCC wanted to make the gift to the club but the only way that it could legally be done was to gift it to a charitable organisation attached to the Club. Then we could have provided FITC with alternative accommodation. This would have to be provided in any new stadium.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It wasn't aimed at you Mike . Any H is the one always making adverse comment.
Obviously the club would need first to poll all City supporters. If anyone objected to moving, we would ask them for the reasons, i.e. emotional attachment to SJP, transport problems getting to the C & F, (including the lack of a railway station, no car etc), inconvenience of getting there after work on dark, rainy, evening matches in Autumn and Winter etc.I Ipresume the club would operate buses to and from the new stadium in a non-profit basis.A
lso the Trust would conduct a poll to survey the opinions of its members, since it would be the Trust to approve.

LOG

We own our football club but our football club own nothing so what actually do the fans own ?
I missed this little beauty 🤣

If you have to ask this question then you clearly don’t understand the fundamental point of fan ownership.

IndoMike

If you have to ask this question then you clearly don’t understand the fundamental point of fan ownership.
Aside from.the principle that the fans own the right to decide the club's future 👍, we also own certain assets, including several players (I don't like to use the word "own" players, but you know what I mean).

LOG

It could easily be argued that every player is a liability, not an asset. When we give them a contract that commits to pay them X for Y years you can never be sure what value they’ll deliver.

Colesman Ballz

Quite so Log. I laughed reasonably hard at the use of the "royal we", as not being a Trust member he is never going to own anything and his opinion counts for diddly squat to boot !

Dannyred

Quite so Log. I laughed reasonably hard at the use of the "royal we", as not being a Trust member he is never going to own anything and his opinion counts for diddly squat to boot !
Your posts makes everyone laugh because you really are clueless.

So my opinion and every fan who doesn’t join the trust and pay £2 a month there opinions means Nothing then, you really do lack in intelligence.

Maybe you need to find out why so many fans don’t want to support the trust first before you spout off that these fans are not worthy of an opinion even if they go to every game and spend loads in the club shop.

Have you ever thought about being a politician as you fit the mode.

iscalad

Obviously the club would need first to poll all City supporters. If anyone objected to moving, we would ask them for the reasons, i.e. emotional attachment to SJP, transport problems getting to the C & F, (including the lack of a railway station, no car etc), inconvenience of getting there after work on dark, rainy, evening matches in Autumn and Winter etc.I Ipresume the club would operate buses to and from the new stadium in a non-profit basis.A
lso the Trust would conduct a poll to survey the opinions of its members, since it would be the Trust to approve.
Why? Do they own the club?

Boyo

A number of points…

Firstly Taggy says he is waiting for an instruction from the Trust. My question therefore is are the Trust proactively looking at these options and bringing together a business plan for each?

The question of staying at SJP or relocating elsewhere crops up from time to time and is always emotive. My heart says that we should remain at SJP, but at the same time I recognise that we need to generate higher levels of revenue.

There is a strong correlation between playing budget and league position. None of us know how our current playing budget is ranked within L2 although I’m guessing it’s somewhere between 5-10. That’s a competitive budget that should ensure we’re fighting at the right end of the table. However our budget is currently inflated by c£500k per season until the summer 2021. Once that money in the bank has disappeared we are back to baseline budget, which I’m guessing would be ranked 15-20 in L2. That leaves us fighting at the wrong end of the table.

Currently we spend windfall income by allocating a third to the Academy, a third to the playing budget and one third to capital projects. IF we are to continue that model then the reality is that we need to generate £3m windfall income every two years just to maintain our current playing budget. I find that really scary.

Other posters have talked about their commitment to the Club regardless of the level we play at. Utter respect to them, but personally I’m not convinced. I followed us around the country during our Conference years to Leigh, Histon, Margate and Altrincham and I have little desire to do that again. There’s an artificial line between League football and non-League football and a stigma attached to the latter. A prolonged period in Non-league would see our expectations and ambitions shrink and the funding routes would dry up. Our model of producing Academy talent would not be financially viable.

Whereas I love SJP with its history, great location and quirkiness, I do recognise that opportunities to generate non match day income are limited. I do therefore think that we (the Trust?) should be assessing the viability of alternate locations and models to understand what is possible within our financial power. The outcome of that process could be to recommend staying at SJP, but I think it’s prudent to truly find out.

Brentford, York and Wimbledon are all at various stages of moving to new stadiums, whereas the likes of Shrewsbury, Colchester and Chesterfield have moved in the not too distant past. I’d like to see the analysis of the relative pro/cons of those.