• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ridiculous. Looks very much as if the lino, who was no more than a few yards away, saw no foul, but belatedly raises his flag when the ref, who’s much further away, whistles.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Either you've not been a fan of Exeter long or are very poor at self-reflection.
Yeah lived through all that and proud that City have actually learnt from these mistakes and taken measures that hopefully mean that we will not find ourselves in the same boat again. We are one of the few clubs that have recognised the drawbacks of private ownership and I hope we have put that rat race behind us for ever. Other clubs go from bust to bust, lose points, go into admin, get relegated and then happily enrol in the same nihilistic circle of despair time and time again.
We were wrong, we paid the price, we are reformed.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah lived through all that and proud that City have actually learnt from these mistakes and taken measures that hopefully mean that we will not find ourselves in the same boat again. We are one of the few clubs that have recognised the drawbacks of private ownership and I hope we have put that rat race behind us for ever. Other clubs go from bust to bust, lose points, go into admin, get relegated and then happily enrol in the same nihilistic circle of despair time and time again.
We were wrong, we paid the price, we are reformed.
But you get a feeling of schadenfreude at the idea of other clubs being done over? Don't really get that, to be honest.

GJW

How many City today? Was there behind the goal. Good atmosphere. Swindon fans were good all game I thought, behind their team.

Oldsmobile-88

A uncomfortable afternoon sat in the wind..Chilled to
the bone & very little to warm my cockles on the pitch.
Obviously the wind was a factor.Swindon took full advantage in 1st half whereas as we did not in the 2nd period.

The Swindon ‘keeper did not have a meaningful save to make despite the wind assisted possession the Grecians had.
A missed handball in the build up to the 2nd goal was ultimately the difference between the sides.But in truth the home side created & squandered many opportunities in the first half.

I have mentioned it before.There are not many goals in this team & it’s vital to get back to the tight defensive unit that has been lacking in the past two games.

Never thought I would see it.Ballboys that take the pi55 more than the goons at Home Park !

Blacky

A couple of moaning chuffers in the crowd today - one in particular would have been happier with 200 there so that he could wear it as a badge of honour that he was one of them.

"Where was you when we were sh*t"

......and "our support us f*ckin sh*t, our support is f*ckin sh*t"

........and another that this is typical City, ready to throw the League before they look close to going up as they dont want it

Both got the appropriate response, and fair play to those that did.....

Stick together City, who knows what can happen ........

PeteUSA

Ridiculous. Looks very much as if the lino, who was no more than a few yards away, saw no foul, but belatedly raises his flag when the ref, who’s much further away, whistles.

If Law (for no particular reason) is going to plant both his hands into the middle of the defenders back, and shortly thereafter the defender goes down on both knees, its going to look for all the world like it was a shove in the back. You have to ask yourself, what were Laws hands doing there?

I thought the referee was excellent by the way, although the Huxtables of this world would have probably given Bowman a straight red for that awfully late first half challenge. Bowman was fortunate.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding Bowman, as I implied before the game I didn't think he should have started, Taylor seems incapable of dropping him though, why ?

When he's at it he is a very good team player who leads the line very well, for whatever reason he has stopped doing that recently, his body language has been poor and he looks unhappy about something.

I think it's time to give Fisher and Ajose a run together, I think they are our best finishers, Taylor needs to select a pairing and give them a run, he cannot keep chopping and changing week in week out.

One other thing, our final ball is often shocking, we miss Sparkes crossing so much.
This says everything about what the team is missing at the moment.Might also be worth trying Fisher alongside Ajose with Jay in support.5-3-2 or 3-5-2 depending on the state of play.

Red faced

A uncomfortable afternoon sat in the wind..Chilled to
the bone & very little to warm my cockles on the pitch.
Obviously the wind was a factor.Swindon took full advantage in 1st half whereas as we did not in the 2nd period.

The Swindon ‘keeper did not have a meaningful save to make despite the wind assisted possession the Grecians had.
A missed handball in the build up to the 2nd goal was ultimately the difference between the sides.But in truth the home side created & squandered many opportunities in the first half.

I have mentioned it before.There are not many goals in this team & it’s vital to get back to the tight defensive unit that has been lacking in the past two games.

Never thought I would see it.Ballboys that take the pi55 more than the goons at Home Park !
Apparently that was what the ref kept speaking to the swindon bench about ie the ball boys - not sure why as he didnt do anything about the team (esp the keeper) wasting time either

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're all sugar daddies the world is your oyster and your in charge of your own destiny if you all pull together!
Fan owned Exeter City have been 'pulling together' since becoming a Trust. Maybe Swindon will be forced to do it at some stage - I know our Trustees will be willing to advise if required as they have for other clubs on their uppers. Enjoy your success but remember to be nice on the way up. UTC