• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
You forgot Bude. Lovely and sunny here at the moment, and the imminent fry up will help us decide what to do for the rest of the day. And we’ll be back on and off for the rest of the year.

IndoMike

You forgot Bude. Lovely and sunny here at the moment, and the imminent fry up will help us decide what to do for the rest of the day. And we’ll be back on and off for the rest of the year.
I would never forget the beautiful Cornwall coast : I just didn't include it because I was thinking specifically of the long summer holiday. When we were kids we often used to have a summer holiday in Newquay, before it became the trendy place to go. Of course they do pasties, too.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've booked a narrowboat in Llangollen for a short break taking in the Chirk Tunnel and the Pontcysyllte viaduct (gulp). Never done anything like this before apart from the Norfolk Broads and I'm kacking myself about doing the viaduct. Then it's Barbados in the autumn.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We've booked a narrowboat in Llangollen for a short break taking in the Chirk Tunnel and the Pontcysyllte viaduct (gulp). Never done anything like this before apart from the Norfolk Broads and I'm kacking myself about doing the viaduct. Then it's Barbados in the autumn.
Don't close your eyes if you're steering! I seem to remember to doing it both directions. Hated it!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pontcysyllte
I wouldn't be able to navigate across it, but I think I know how to pronounce it.

IndoMike

Don't close your eyes if you're steering! I seem to remember to doing it both directions. Hated it!
It's not too far down (tmi)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be able to navigate across it, but I think I know how to pronounce it.
I'm just going for "that feckin viaduct".

Stelios

I shall be following Anton's example and spending a week in the Loire in June but not in a motorhome.
Gorgeous part of the world. More chateaux than you can shake a stick at. Loads to see and do. You can't beat Chenonceau for sheer beauty (although there isn't actually much inside)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most weekends at our Holiday Home in North Devon including two weeks there in June.
2 Weeks in Lanzagrotty in September

Alistair20000

Gorgeous part of the world. More chateaux than you can shake a stick at. Loads to see and do. You can't beat Chenonceau for sheer beauty (although there isn't actually much inside)

That is probably Anton Moxey's second home. The reference to a motorhome is just his modesty.