• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Tranmere, in all honesty he hardly set the world alight for us last season
That was probably because he was used as a utility player and asked to play in a number of different positions rather than being given a run in his favourite position where, rightly or wrongly, Pierce was almost always picked ahead of him. Kane clearly has the potential to be the next Jack Stacey but really needs to push on this season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Autumn approaches and the days get shorter and merge into one has this summer signing thread any more life left in it, hopefully one more at least at right back and probably a loan until January when the action and excitement 💤 will start again for a brief post Chriatmas binge

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor suggesting more signings are on the way. Loans or permanent, I wonder.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor suggesting more signings are on the way. Loans or permanent, I wonder.
Unless he has got a few free agents tucked up his sleeve then Shirley they will be loans ?

Alistair20000

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Tranmere, in all honesty he hardly set the world alight for us last season and apparently he didn't cut it at Walsall in league 1 last season, he's clearly a talented player however in terms of actual performances I'd say he was often around a 6 / 7 out of 10. Compare him to O'Shea who was regularly a 8 / 9 out of 10. A year ago none of us had heard of O'Shea, there are other players out there.
Look forward to your reports from The Wirral TPC ;)

LDNGrecian

Unless he has got a few free agents tucked up his sleeve then Shirley they will be loans ?
Transfer window is fully open. Or do you mean budget wise?

ryancooper327

Signing coming up shortly...

ECFC89

Jayden Richardson from Nottingham Forest on loan.

Very young at 18. Hopefully it works out.

Cannot see Taylor leaving out Sweeney for him anytime soon though.

For all the old talk of Tis's favourites I get the feeling Sweeney is one of Matt's.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt T:

“He adds competition for places. We have tweaked the shape in the last couple of games and I know he can play wing-back, right-back, right of the three and centre half. So he is a player who can cover a few positions. "

Sounds promising, looks a big strong lad, as they say.

Though I presume he will be on the bench at first. Starting debut 3rd Sept v. Cheltenham in the EFL Trophy? (day before his 19th birthday, according to the Forest website.) The next Stacey / Kane Wilson? And at least we now have cover at FB (phew!).

andrew p long

Jayden Richardson from Nottingham Forest on loan.

Very young at 18. Hopefully it works out.

Cannot see Taylor leaving out Sweeney for him anytime soon though.

For all the old talk of Tis's favourites I get the feeling Sweeney is one of Matt's.
I am pleased to see he turns 19 in a fortnight. And that he can play a number of positions. He describes himself as a right wing back but there is talk that he can play right back, right side central defence and left back (!) as well.

Oops- just seen that JW has already said this.