• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Dannyred

I would like us to bid for the Cheltenham keeper, Thought he looked a good replacement.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also saw Ben Seymour play for them, and he looks a real threat up top.
If Ben Seymour is standing out at that level that may indicate more about the gap between the divisions that anything else. I'd love to see him step up to L2 but I cant see it happening any time soon....

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Ben Seymour is standing out at that level that may indicate more about the gap between the divisions that anything else. I'd love to see him step up to L2 but I cant see it happening any time soon....
Why?

Wasn't Watkins on loan at that level and doing well before coming in to L2, smashing that for 12 months before ending up in the Championship?

The deluder

Why?

Wasn't Watkins on loan at that level and doing well before coming in to L2, smashing that for 12 months before ending up in the Championship?
Don’t suppose the OP have seen Seymour play so his comment is just internet wibble.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
He had a good engine on him,something missing from a few of our back line last season who were usually ‘blowing’ after about 70 mins.
He was excellent against us in both games last season & was pretty good in the 3 live televised games.He has improved from his time with the Grecians.

He was offered a new contract,but had fallen out with Paul Tisdale & wanted to move on.
That was the player I saw too in the games you mention last season...gone is all that pussyfooting about on the edge of his penalty box trying to find a pass, at Newport he is instructed to get the ball away from danger Row Z style which he is very good at also he has gained a lot of strength and is so difficult to push off the ball all things that add up to strong defending at League 2 level.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why?

Agreed. Whenever I have seen him play, I have been impressed with his ability to get himself into the right space at the right time, a priceless attribute for a striker.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get rather confused by the levels below the National League Premier but I think that Dara O'Shea, Jordan Storey and Archie Collins were all playing at the level below Gloucester before they broke into the City first team.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not saying he can't make the step up but lets at least see him coming off the bench a few times in L2 before we hail him as the new messiah. Matt Taylor will give him the opportunity if and when he's ready.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lad has already been mentioned once this close season by MT in an interview in Devon live "We have some good young players like Ben Seymour, who has scored a lot of goals, and he will keep getting his chance at some stage."

budegrecian

I'm sure we'll see him in some of the friendlies which will give us a chance to assess his potential, although friendly performances can be deceiving sometimes.