• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
David Wheeler hasn't signed on the dotted line as expected for MK Dons. Looking for pastures new again?
Is he on the transfer list at QPR

Red Devon

I think he joined Charlton after Taylor had left...

Would make it unlikely then.

Pobbop

David Wheeler hasn't signed on the dotted line as expected for MK Dons. Looking for pastures new again?
please, please, please let him come back, I'll vote Green and wear sandals and recycle and all that tosh if he does....

dontpassback

I don’t want wheeler back !

Pobbop

I don’t want wheeler back !
why the hell wouldn't you want him back, at this level he's incredible, great header of the ball, scores goals, still youngish, can't think of any reason that he wouldn't be a great signing for any League 2 club

exeter-loyal

Oldsmobile-88

why the hell wouldn't you want him back, at this level he's incredible, great header of the ball, scores goals, still youngish, can't think of any reason that he wouldn't be a great signing for any League 2 club
Great player for us previously I would agree,but he has had a lot of injury layoffs,the sort of gamble that Tisdale might take but MT might not think it’s worth the risk after Forte.

IndoMike

Great player for us previously I would agree,but he has had a lot of injury layoffs,the sort of gamble that Tisdale might take but MT might not think it’s worth the risk after Forte.
Yep. I think we got the best out of him a couple of years ago but wouldn't bet on him being able to recreate it.

Last edited:

Pobbop

He's fit ATM, TBH I've not really seen a massive difference in the type of transfers Matt makes then Tisdale, as Forte proves.

With Pompey he wasn't unfit he just was adjudged not good enough, same with QPR, he's probably pretty fit and raringto go, would take him in a heartbeat.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d have him back but he’s probably a victim of having one really good season of goal scoring. He’s now expected to bang in 20 each year when in reality he’s averages 6-7 goals per season every other year of his career.

Never thought he was Championship standard but I’m sure a L1 club will take a punt. I’d expect Bristol Rovers or someone similar to come in for him if MK don’t. I’d also imagine he’s on decent money now at QPR so would we be able to offer him enough? Doubt it.

Last edited: